Discharge a battery

Reaction score
Hello I have a small emergency my phantom is being repaired my batteries are fully charged I don't have a discharger it won't be here for a week same for the phantom and one of my batteries is starting to swell! Is their anyway I can discharge them without a phantom or discharger or possibly ruining the battery!?!?!

The batteries will discharge to a safe level after a maximum of 10 days. (It depends on the setting in the DJI GO app.) The discharge process can take up to 2 days to complete. Just let your batteries alone and all should be fine.

The batteries will discharge to a safe level after a maximum of 10 days. (It depends on the setting in the DJI GO app.) The discharge process can take up to 2 days to complete. Just let your batteries alone and all should be fine.
I know but it has been more then 10 days and they have not discharged at all. It has been 19 days

How do you know they haven't discharged? How often have you been checking them?

When did you first check them? How often did you check them after that?

When did you first click the power button to check them?

So, you posted this 10+ minutes ago (when you realized they were discharging), but you only checked the first time a half a second ago? This timeline does not add up ;)

The 10-day period is reset every time you press the button. If 19 days have really passed and you haven't touched the battery button, then they might not really be discharging. This is the first I've ever seen this occur though -- which is why I was trying to figure out how often you were checking the battery level.

So, you posted this 10+ minutes ago (when you realized they were discharging), but you only checked the first time a half a second ago? This timeline does not add up ;)

The 10-day period is reset every time you press the button. If 19 days have really passed and you haven't touched the battery button, then they might not really be discharging. This is the first I've ever seen this occur though -- which is why I was trying to figure out how often you were checking the battery level.
I checked the batteries levels 6+ days ago and then a lot today, I made this thread when I got worried they WEREN'T discharging.

Ah, so, now the story has changed ;)

I guess you can see what is happening. You need to add 10 days to the discharge time every time you press the power button. They will be discharged if you don't touch the button for 12+ days (starting from today).

My advice -- stop pressing the button :)

Ah, so, now the story has changed ;)

I guess you can see what is happening. You need to add 10 days to the discharge time every time you press the power button. They will be discharged if you don't touch the button for 12+ days (starting from today).

My advice -- stop pressing the button :)
As I was reading this I was hitting buttons.. :( thank you I'll stop, batteries going in the closet.

Have no fear. The discharge process will work just fine once you let your batteries take care of themselves.

You could go online and buy a Lipo battery discharger designed to work for P3 batteries. Two days shipping and you can discharge on Monday.

I'm not sure how the cycles are calculated. Do we need to use at least half the charge for it to count as a cycle? I'm not sure. But I don't think topping off the battery decreases the lifespan. But if it did, it doesn't matter. We must top off the battery anyway so that we don't decrease the life of our Phantom. MHO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4