Disaster upgrade to 1.7.90, today new update to 1.8.10

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post after I got my P3s:)
I did the fatal mistake to upgrade to 1.7.90 I thought you should alwaus have the latest upgrades, how bad was that, it went quite messy.
Got the dreaded lost signal and not ability to downgrade, and I was just about to pack the drone today to send it back(only a week old, and not flown it yet). So I thought I would have a last go at it.

So switched all on and the dji go app while connected to my home wifi, and I couldn't believe my eyes there's a new upgrade to 1.8.10 I upgraded and my baby is back in working order.

AllI need now is the storm to dissapear so I can go and learn to fly this baby.

Cheers

Mike The Happy Droneist

Thanks for the heads up Mike. Just done the upgrade. It will be interesting to see what DJI have done to modify the firmware.

With a decent fall of snow over the next day or too there should be hopefully some good scenes to film if the weather gets kinder before it thaws.

Send some snow down here if you get too much.

Peter.

I tried this today and still get the RC signal lost whilst the bird is sitting next to the controller, also tried rc relinl no joy. Is there anything special to try here that I'm missing? Also can the 1.8.10 file be downloaded manually anywhere?

Alex,

Thanks for the heads up Mike. Just done the upgrade. It will be interesting to see what DJI have done to modify the firmware.

With a decent fall of snow over the next day or too there should be hopefully some good scenes to film if the weather gets kinder before it thaws.

Send some snow down here if you get too much.

Peter.
Hi Peter,
No snow as yet but hopefully over the weekend and I will be all over it:)

Alex,

I have no idea mate, I would try and do the upgrade again and see if it works.

Cheers Mike

I tried this today and still get the RC signal lost whilst the bird is sitting next to the controller, also tried rc relinl no joy. Is there anything special to try here that I'm missing? Also can the 1.8.10 file be downloaded manually anywhere?

Alex,
Hi Alex,

Try www.phantomhelp.com all the way down the bottom of the P3s page you should see firmware.

Cheers Mike

Hi all,

I did the fatal mistake to upgrade to 1.7.90 I thought you should alwaus have the latest upgrades, how bad was that, it went quite messy.
Got the dreaded lost signal and not ability to downgrade, and I was just about to pack the drone today to send it back(only a week old, and not flown it yet). So I thought I would have a last go at it.

So switched all on and the dji go app while connected to my home wifi, and I couldn't believe my eyes there's a new upgrade to 1.8.10 I upgraded and my baby is back in working order.

Cheers

Mike The Happy Droneist

Overview
1. All-in-One firmware Version: v1.8.10
2. DJI GO app iOS Version: v3.1.2
3. DJI GO app Android Version: v3.1.1

What’s New
1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Hi all,

Cheers

Mike The Happy Droneist

Following.

Reactions: AllDubyas
So i shouldn't upgrade to 1.8.10??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots[/QUO

Depends are your Phantom working as intended, then maybe you shouldn't, I did it because that was my last resort before sending it back for replacement.
Seems like it is working perfect for me, even though I have not had a chance to fly it due to weather.

Cheers Mike

Hey , It fixed my DJI app from not prompting a firmware download of any sort. Until the 1.8.10 was released.
I was able to update my firmware on the controller like it was designed via the app only.

Reactions: Etop
Hey , It fixed my DJI app from not prompting a firmware download of any sort. Until the 1.8.10 was released.
I was able to update my firmware on the controller like it was designed via the app only.

Thanks. Just trying to gather others' experience before deciding whether to update my Phantom.

Thanks. Just trying to gather others' experience before deciding whether to update my Phantom.
Hi Mike,

Theere is another post regarding the new firmware it was not much as I understand it, but having said that it seems like the issues some of us had after installing 1.7.90 with constant lost signal, resulting in the bird degraded to a white sculpture on the shelf, and no ability to downgrade, these issue was fixed with the new firmware.
I had it 3 meters up and 5 meters out in very restricted space and it reacted fine, weather permitting I will do a proper test over the weekend and this will be my first real flight with a drone:eek:

Cheers Mike

Reactions: Etop
Upgraded and flew it yesterday in cold weather and windy conditions. Out in the middle of nowhere. Only problem was when turning quickly into the wind the camera struggled to catch up and the video became slightly jerky but apart from that it behaved just fine.

I fly FW 1.8.10 and Android GO 3.1.3 without any problems.

In fact I flew 1.7.09 without any problems. But Android GO 3.1.2 was a disaster ......

Nigel

I have 16 flights about 2 hours total, on Firmware 1.8.10 and GO APP 3.1.3 Android running on a dedicated Nvidia Shield K1 . I have not encountered any issues, however, I have not pushed the envelope and have been vLOS (Visual Line of Sight) at all times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20