Disaster struck today - drone fell from sky

Just to be clear...
It fell from at least 200' in the sky. Could have even been 300'. It hit soft turf (been raining a lot and the ground is soaking) or else there would have been a big parts explosion I'm sure. I absolutely could hear the blades turning until it just went silent and started its death plunge. Its strange how slowly it seemed to fall. Time stands still at these moments. Again I took off with about 95% battery and according to my frozen app it had 60%+ remaining. The only noteworthy part of the brief flight is that I got 3 different "control signal lost" warnings even as low as about 400'.
I am going to send it back to Amazon tomorrow for a refund and then get another one. In the future though I am going to be super paranoid about where I fly it. I don't care about the value of the drone but I do care about human life and this thing bricking out on me could have ended in tragedy if I was flying over a street or a crowd of people. Today was humbling for me. I realized once again that no technology is failsafe. The difference between a TV and a drone malfunction is that the drone malfunction could kill someone as a result.
Thats a great way to look at it. If you ever do figure out what happened please post. I would think battery power was lost for one reason or another. These things need auto rotate. Doubt that will ever happen. Or an emergency shute.

Jack

Actually, holding the left stick all the way down will shut off the motors on the V3. I do it all the time to hand catch. If you do that during a descent, gravity happens.

Stop spreading false information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop spreading false information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to clarify again,as has been posted many times on this thread, Holding down the left stick fully does not turn off the motors in flight, however when the Quad has stopped descending,ie landed or hand caught, it will shut down. There is an altitude sensor in the bird and it will not shut down in flight as long as the quad is detecting a change in altitude.
If it did,there would be very few of us left flying. |End of debate on this issue.

My P2V+ V3 fell out of the sky also, 270' up and 100' away. I heard the motors stop, I looked up to see it falling, I hit full forward left throttle and the motors started again but I didn't have the room to regain lift. Data shows no battery loss, no issues at all.

Post crash damage is minimal; motors all arm and spin up fine, I get good GPS, cam and gimbal work fine but arm is bent. I did notice a very warm motor after the previous fight, under the hood inspection shows that motor's yellow wire brittle compared to all the others, like it's been running hot and the copper is degraded.

Video of it all here, Flytrex Core2 data:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4