Disassembly of a Phantom 4

Reaction score
Oh wow, this guy already took his Phantom 4 apart... Stripped it down.
So that's what makes it tick... ;-)

RedHotPoker

I'm strongly considering getting my P4 a custom Cerakote paint job and this video was exactly was what I was looking for... to make me decide sending it elsewhere for disassembly. Anyone know by chance if DJI Repair offers a complete teardown and reassembly service?

It would seem, nearly all things are possible. ;-)
http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantom-4-comics
Taking that, a bit towards the extreme end. Hahaha
What ever your drone heart desires, at least.
My interest in their cool products was started when this particular carbon fiber model, http://www.scorpiondrones.com/CUSTOM-DRONES-kits/phantom3-carbon-fiber was discussed and purchased by several guys here. I thought they did an awesome job of the drone. The army version as we'll.
Yeah, if I hadn't aready purchased mine locally, those custom drones may have been something I might have strongly considered.
So, Do I take it, you aren't at all interested in the custom color Phantom 4 frames, coming from @dji, quite soon?

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
See this thread already?
Custom painted Drones
Might interest you as well. Does look interesting... ;-)

RedHotPoker
Can never figure out the desire to add weight and possibly disrupt the aerodynamics for custom paint jobs that serve a "look at me purpose" for about 5 mins on the ground.

Don't get me wrong. I think they look great and if it was a car or something, I think it's more justifiable.

I guess I look at these as cameras more than most people. I must admit I've thought about it on the more fun, toyish drones like the Phantom but I always end up not.

That one you linked to looked horrible at first to me and then I loved it in like 5 seconds. Love the "I love haters" decal.

It's actually a great sentiment.

Reactions: Ramphex
Yeah, I actually like the Cartoon figures one too. I bet you could see that one in the air for miles. Hahaha

Everyone has such unique and individual tastes and likes. I guess stark white doesn't really please every ones eyes... Ha

RedHotPoker

Can never figure out the desire to add weight and possibly disrupt the aerodynamics for custom paint jobs that serve a "look at me purpose" for about 5 mins on the ground.

Don't get me wrong. I think they look great and if it was a car or something, I think it's more justifiable.

I guess I look at these as cameras more than most people. I must admit I've thought about it on the more fun, toyish drones like the Phantom but I always end up not.

That one you linked to looked horrible at first to me and then I loved it in like 5 seconds. Love the "I love haters" decal.

It's actually a great sentiment.
I'm on the same page lol

Yeah, I actually like the Cartoon figures one too. I bet you could see that one in the air for miles. Hahaha

Everyone has such unique and individual tastes and likes. I guess stark white doesn't really please every ones eyes... Ha

RedHotPoker

Same color as my car, love it!

I like originality and especially with personalized RC projects. On a Rare Occasion I do and have considered wrapping a fancy skin around my drone. Just never persued it yet. Who knows. . .
Perhaps next time, by then they will be available in lovely & bold boutique shades. Haha

RedHotPoker

No, I meant the Phantom 4 itself, will be coming out with custom paint jobs right from @dji very soon.
They were asking for color or pattern requests from the public a few weeks ago.

RedHotPoker

I work in the firearms industry and the primary purpose of the P4 is to video shooting events such as machine gun shoots and competitive shooting events. The drone will fly low enough to be easily visible. As such, I'm leaning towards a Vietnam era Huey Gunship theme.

See this thread already?
Custom painted Drones
Might interest you as well. Does look interesting... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Those are sick. We use Duracoat at our shop to finish firearms. It's great stuff. Unfortunately I lack the artistic skill to do it myself. An industry colleague does custom Cerakote finishes and has the artistic talent to pull off what I'm looking for.

I spoke to the guys at Scorpion this morning. Looks like I'll be purchasing a new shell kit plus landing gear. Once they are painted, send them back the kit and my P4 for the rebuild. The only catch is that the gear can not be oven cured which shouldn't be a big deal. The only other obstacle is to make sure that the shell can withstand 130F oven curing temp which I suspect it should.

Eh, well I'm glad I could give you a bit of assistance in finding a company that can help you achieve your Phantom goals.
Looking forward to your pics of the finished product. So don't forget to send us some results. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Eh, well I'm glad I could give you a bit of assistance in finding a company that can help you achieve your Phantom goals.
Looking forward to your pics of the finished product. So don't forget to send us some results. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Absolutely. Thanks again!

I work in the firearms industry and the primary purpose of the P4 is to video shooting events such as machine gun shoots and competitive shooting events. The drone will fly low enough to be easily visible. As such, I'm leaning towards a Vietnam era Huey Gunship theme.
ever been to Knob Creek?

Is that where all the knobs hang out? Hahaha
Eh, I'm sorry about the size of your. . .
Oh my, but what a big gun you have... ;-)
Louisville Shooting Range KY | Sheperdsville Guns For Sale, Handguns Safety, Pistols Ammo, Firearms, Conceal & Carry Classes - Knob Creek Gun Range
I sold my guns for rock n roll...
Actually I got into Archery/Bowhunting at a young age.
Besides, archers have longer shafts. ;-) I prefer mine with FMJ.
Easton Full Metal Jacket... Full Metal Jacket™ - Carbon Core Bow Hunting Arrows | Easton Hunting
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
ever been to Knob Creek?

Unfortunately no. After SHOT Show and the NRA Annual Meetings, that's about all the shutdown time the shop can handle for the year. We're hoping next year.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik