Disassembling a 2312 motor

Reaction score
Has anyone here managed to disassemble(take apart rotor from stator for cleaning) a 2312 motor that comes with p2v+ v3.0?
On DJI forum few guys have tried http://forum.dji.com/thread-9235-1-1.html
And aparently it's an impossible task! The clip and the washer can be removed just like on 2212 motors but the rotor can not be separated. Is there any special trick to it?

I have figured out how to disassemble to 2312. You have to use an arbor press and press the shaft out of the motor. After removing the clip and the bushing, press out the shaft from the bottom towards the top. Look at the motor, see the screw threads, look below them and you will see a separation line between the top of the bell housing and the threads. That is where the shaft will separate from. I will shoot a video and post it on youtube soon. You will be able to replace and or clean bearings in doing this. The motor is a little difficult to come apart but it will. You do not have to remove the shaft all the way, just until you are able to pull the two pieces apart.
DJI 2312.jpg

Reactions: Richard J
Thank Lee, good job. Now how about adding to the video reassembly?

I will work on it. I wanted to get the disassembly video up. I found the bearings have to be removed by the arbor press as well. Atleast that motor did.

This is the new video which details both disassembly, reassembly of the motor, boca bearing needed, and other.

Why does the shaft have to be pressed out?
After removing the clip and spacer, the only thing holding the motor together is the strong magnets on the rotor, right?
I found this to be true and just had to pull hard and the two pieces separated.
Am I missing something?
Is the shaft a press fit into the top bearing?

I had some small metal bits get inside and it was grinding on the stator and locking up the motor.
I couldn't get to the pieces without taking it apart.

Don't oil it ! Gets grit in there and acts like sandpaper. Don't ask how I know. They're cheap enough I just get new now.

Why does the shaft have to be pressed out?
After removing the clip and spacer, the only thing holding the motor together is the strong magnets on the rotor, right?
I found this to be true and just had to pull hard and the two pieces separated.
Am I missing something?
Is the shaft a press fit into the top bearing?

Are you sure you have the 2312 motor (Blackened thread for CW motors). They wont budge unless you have a press. DJI have made them this way to minimise tampering or fixing. In other words, dummy proofing the system as DJI assume end users are all idiots (this is common in all products/software).

Last edited:
I had some small metal bits get inside and it was grinding on the stator and locking up the motor.
I couldn't get to the pieces without taking it apart.

They are tiny bits of ferrite. This shorts out the magnets/phases of the motors and causes squeal at certain rpms.

Solution: Leave the phantom intact and remove the 4 motor mount screws. You can now lift your motors up and turn it sideways. Use an aircompressor or air-in-a can and force the ferrite to the bottom of the motor. Then use tweezers or toothpicks to move the ferrite to the bottom of the magnet. Once the ferrite is exposed, use sticktape or gummy like material (bluetack) and to lift the ferrite debris out.

If that all fails, then use the press out method in the posted youtube clip.

Are you sure you have the 2312 motor (Blackened thread for CW motors). They wont budge unless you have a press. DJI have made them this way to minimise tampering or fixing. In other words, dummy proofing the system as DJI assume end users are all idiots (this is common in all products/software).
I do have a press and have been able to disassemble the motor just fine.
There were tiny chips of light blue "crumbs" in the motor, possibly from the adhesive that they used to balance the rotor.

Well
I don't know about all that? Seems like a LOT of extra work!

I used a piece of aluminum, a drill bit, drill, and screw! All household items!

Here

Just SAYIN'
J Dot
:cool:

Take care, Fly Safe!

Ya use what ya got!

Reactions: J Dot
Out of curiosity, any success in actually replacing the bearings on these? I have a 2313 with a lower bearing issue (it's actually from a E310 kit). If the internet is to be believed, its impossible to get the lower one out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20