Disappointing experience all round!

Reaction score
Hi,
I have to say I'm very disappointed all round with the P2V and it seems from the forums there are problems galore. The guy in the shop told me support from DJI is exceptional ... the forums say otherwise.

Since yesterday at 6pm I've been surfing forums for fixes to why the P2V wont connect to a pc or mac (despite following the manual and forum threads) so I can sort the IMU issue that the 3 beeps and red light points to. Add to that also looking and trying various fixes for the camera binding issue dropping off after initial setup.

£400 paperweight .....

Phil.

Hi,
I have to say I'm very disappointed all round with the P2V and it seems from the forums there are problems galore. The guy in the shop told me support from DJI is exceptional ... the forums say otherwise.

Since yesterday at 6pm I've been surfing forums for fixes to why the P2V wont connect to a pc or mac (despite following the manual and forum threads) so I can sort the IMU issue that the 3 beeps and red light points to. Add to that also looking and trying various fixes for the camera binding issue dropping off after initial setup.

£400 paperweight .....

Phil.
Did you install the windows driver package from the DJI website first?
You'll need to create an account from your pc on the DJI website, then download the windows drivers, then the quad should connect to the software.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice and your time.

An account for my PC? Do you mean register an account with my email addy? I've done that. and the assitant connects to the web.

Installed the 3.8 assistant
Restarted
Started the assistant
Part installed the driver to the point when it says to power on and connect the MC to the PC
Finished driver install with a confirmation message that the device has been updated. Clicked finish.
Assistant doesnt connect to MC.
CLOSE ASSISTANT
OPEN ASSISTANT
Assistant still wont connect
Restart
Open assistant
Assistant still wont connect
Uninstall everything
Try on another win7 pc and mac (without driver)

Bang head against wall and go back to reading the same fixes :-(

Windows does "bong" when I connect the P2V though so there does seem to be current going down the wire.

Phil.

The account needs to be from your PC...So DJI can scan your revision number thru the software. It bases its upgrade links on that information.

I'm reaching here...But are you rebooting the phantom battery (the Vision) each time you make changes and apply thru the assistant?

The Vision needs to be rebooted after each connection. and do not plug or unplug cable while powered on.
I'll keep thinking of things to try.

Can you connect to the wifi from your phone or tablet? change the camera resolution to 320@15fps and retry to connect after restarting the app.

Did you recently purchase your quad..it is a, P2 Vision ? NOT the Plus...correct ?

Last edited:
The Vision is far from a paper weight. When its all setup its a very good machine. And once you know what you are doing there are many mods to make it even better.

Hi Guys,
On advice I tried the naza assistant ....bingo it connected without an issue. But I still get 3 red flashes and 3 beeps on power up. Ive tried an IMU re calibration but apparently my IMU is too hot. I'm going to put the P2V in the car and turn the air con on and try again.

I'm confused. The model number on the P2V is pv330 ..... can someone explain if I have been sold something that has been described incorrectly? Do P2V's all have naza-m v2 in them ... just how do I know exatcly what guts are in my bird?

Thanks
Phil.

You can disregard the IMU overheat error...its a known bug...just hit ok and press on with the cal.

If its a Vision and not the PLUS....You are supposed to get the jingle tune and then 3 solid beeps.

The red lights means likely its still searching for satellites. Once it obtains 7, your lights should all be greeen. (in GPS Mode)

Last edited:
The Vision is far from a paper weight. When its all setup its a very good machine. And once you know what you are doing there are many mods to make it even better.

Couldn't agree more with cyclone, once you've got it all setup your have hours of fan flying it;)

I'm a newbie to all this, only been flying for 6 months but absolutely enjoy every minute I have in the air;)

Read the manuals then read them again, do your research on the net, YouTube etc you will learn so much. Also everyone on this forum will help you out, great bunch of blokes/girls;)

Also welcome to the forum:)

You can disregard the IMU overheat error...its a known bug...just hit ok and press on with the cal.

If its a Vision and not the PLUS....You are supposed to get the jingle tune and then 3 solid beeps.

The red lights means likely its still searching for satellites. Once it obtains 7, your lights should all be greeen. (in GPS Mode)

I can leave it outside for an hour and never get a gps fix, no flashing led's to indicate its even trying. Wide open area, no clouds. I only get 2 red solids when I start up the rotors :-( It won't even go into compass calibration when I wiggle the s1

Phil

Last edited:
You know S1 is the right hand switch?

As others have said, go back to the beginning and following the manual will solve your issues. Many, many people have tried to jump in and ignore the manual, they either get stuck or lose the phantom when it "flys away"

I appreciate having to read the manual. Following the manual had me wasting 14hrs trying to connect to the P2V with the wrong assistant software. Nowhere does it say in the manual that my p2v might have a naza in it so maybe try other assistant software. I really wish it did, it would have saved me hours.

Phil.

fully toggle the right hand s1 switch from full top position to full bottom position - FASTLY - at least 10 times. have the craft where you can notice the light pattern change. calibrate it. the instructions suck remember English is not the primary language over there...I had to watch a video from the roswell alien test flier crash dummies team to know how to do it. my kid was laughing at me when I did it - seems that a comedy TV show had an episode about trying to calibrate your drone - its that much of a pain.
but you calibrate it outside, away from anything, take all the metal and stuff out of your pockets, etc. don't be by a fence, or a soccer goal, or electrics, or anything. you spin it around on the flat plane, get confirmation lights, then turn the drone nose down and spin it around again, then more confirmation lights.
then when you go to actually start and fly it, let it get GPS sync before you fire off.

I hate to hear about an unsuccessful first flight. read more. really. like til you are sick of reading about it. then read more.

- saylor

I can leave it outside for an hour and never get a gps fix, no flashing led's to indicate its even trying. Wide open area, no clouds. I only get 2 red solids when I start up the rotors :-( It won't even go into compass calibration when I wiggle the s1

Phil
Then you need to contact your vendor or DJI. The quad should find atleast 8 satellites before you lift off. 7 is minimum for gps flight. Call your retailer and tell them it will not connect to enough satelites and see if they will replace it.

Otherwise, you may need to be handy with electonics and install a new gps antenna/transponder, etc.

Search and Read other posts, if you need help with it.

Guys. I really do appreciate the help. I know how to calibrate the gps .... I have a Phantom 2 vision but I've been sold a display item with a naza-m MC in it, which I'm p+55ed about. Having the naza in it as I'm aware disables the LED's which display most of the errors/config feedback modes. If anyone knows otherwise please please let me know. The p2v would only connect to the naza assistant.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4tY7lTmT-gkLWtQNzlqT1l4WEU/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4tY7lTmT-gkcG1NTU5uMUNJeU0/edit?usp=docslist_api

Please please if that is not the case let me know. Regarding the manual ... I have version 1.8.

I'd love it if all I had to do is change a setting to have all the LED feedback/config displayed. But Nowhere in the manual can I see this. Please if someone can enlighten me.

Thank you
Phil

Last edited:
Then you need to contact your vendor or DJI. The quad should find atleast 8 satellites before you lift off. 7 is minimum for gps flight. Call your retailer and tell them it will not connect to enough satelites and see if they will replace it.

Otherwise, you may need to be handy with electonics and install a new gps antenna/transponder, etc.

Search and Read other posts, if you need help with it.

When the p2v is connected to the naza assistant and i run an IMU calibration I can see the gps numbers moving ... So I'm sure it's working. Its just flicking the s1 button does not make any lights flash

When the p2v is connected to the naza assistant and i run an IMU calibration I can see the gps numbers moving ... So I'm sure it's working. Its just flicking the s1 button does not make any lights flash
Can you try and run the compass cal from the app.. Rather than flipping S1?
...also...flip the switch a lilttle slower full travel about 6 to 10 times.

And let the craft sit still as compass is calibrated.

Have you check the above link (manual) out, this will help ya

This version is out of date. I have version 1.8. Jan 2015 from the dji site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1