Disabling Geo system on P4P

Reaction score
What are the side effect of disabling the GEO system in Litchi and DJI Go 4, apart form not being able to receive no-fly zone geofencing info?

Could it have an impact on drone control, loosing signal?

Now why would you want to do that?

All I can think is that you better be familiar with the area or pay close attention to landmarks because you wont have a map to help lead you home.

All I can think is that you better be familiar with the area or pay close attention to landmarks because you wont have a map to help lead you home.
Answer a question with a question? There are documented reasons why it is required when you run into GEO fence bugs.

There are no actual side effects, and there are plenty of known reliable apps to use so you do not venture into a restricted airspace. And GEO fence does not have anything to do with getting home. Sorry.

Thanks for the answer to my question:rolleyes: but whether I fly a jetliner at 35,000 ft, a Cirrus 10 ft above the deck or my P4P for leisure or work, if theres one thing I def' do is studying and learning my flight environment, sectionals, etc.

Now, who do I want to disable Geo?
- because I'm fed up of geofencing bugs, of Litchi stopping in the middle of a pano or wanting to return home while I have unlocked geo fencing through the DJI procedure, for the specific area where I fly, and called the Class D ATC tower before and after every flight.
Because I am fed up of loosing 10-15 min before a job trying to re-ulock my P4P, after having done it already before leaving home.
Because I hate geo fencing bugs :)

Supposedly though if you disable GEO, it reverts to old style system of declining ceiling.
At least the warning when you turn it off suggests thats the case

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik