Dimming Display when using OSD mode on DJI hub.

Reaction score
So, all of a sudden my picture on my black pearl got VERY dim. I messed with all of the connections with no luck. I happened to switch the hub from OSD to VID and the picture is perfect (obviously losing my telemetry). I did happen to have an extra hub around and tried it with the same results.

Anyone know what can cause this? All of my playing around and I can not seem to figure anything out. It's been working perfect out to over 1km for a few months until yesterday.

AVL58 with hub kit, cloverleaf antenna, H3-3D, and black Pearly monitor/receiver.

So, all of a sudden my picture on my black pearl got VERY dim. I messed with all of the connections with no luck. I happened to switch the hub from OSD to VID and the picture is perfect (obviously losing my telemetry). I did happen to have an extra hub around and tried it with the same results.

Anyone know what can cause this? All of my playing around and I can not seem to figure anything out. It's been working perfect out to over 1km for a few months until yesterday.

AVL58 with hub kit, cloverleaf antenna, H3-3D, and black Pearly monitor/receiver.

The switch on the iOSD belongs in OSD not Video. Seems both are working perfectly when the switch between the two positions but not together when in the osd position. Have you checked the brightness/contrast levels in the monitors menu? Both should be just around 50 - 55% and no higher. Are you using the sun hood on the monitor? Or is the screen facing into the sun which will wash out the video.

You mentioned that you have two HUBs. Do you also have a second set of cables? If so switch the four pin cable from the hUB to the OSD module. Also make sure the 4 pin gray going into the CAN_BUS is fully seated as well as the black iOSD cable.

I have used that very same FPV system except for the HUB but instead I hard wired mine and mounted the iOSD along with the interference board inside the shell. Later on I switched transmitters and used plug n play cables to connect everything in an effort to cut both weight and power.

Last edited:
Correct -- it's always been in the OSD position, I just happened to try it when I was looking for the issue in the VID position. I have an extra set of cables coming today so I will try that tonight.

It's not a monitor issue, I haven't changed any settings in a long time, but did play around with them just to be sure, I do use a hood etc.

I thought about the interference board which I am not using -- I thought you didn't need to anymore? I never have and it's always been perfect -- should I give that a try?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik