Difficulty Removing Batteries

Reaction score
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
I have a heck of a time removing my batteries. Yeah, I'm old, but I'm pretty strong. I don't have any trouble squeezing the two buttons but after pulling it out 1/4" or so to clear the tabs it's still stuck in there and it's difficult to remove. Yes, I can get it out, but it just seems to drag on the upper part of the compartment where there is a small piece of plastic designed to grip the upper tab of the battery.

Anybody else with this problem? A suggested solution?

Thanks, Phil

My P2V compartment was tight (my plus will arrive Thursday). I think it is partially the contacts and the coefficient of friction of the battery plastic on the body plastic. Once I overcame those it slid right out. I think what you are experiencing is normal. I hold the body around the battery opening and give it a firm pull and once it breaks loose i keep the motion going and it slides right out.

My P2V+ is IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE BATTERIES OUT! I agree this is a major problem. I consider myself stronger than most. Both of my batteries are a problem, which makes me wonder if the problem is with the Phantom. If I didn't enjoy the video capability so much, I would return the entire product. There is no way anyone else in my family would be able to get the flight batteries out.

Reactions: X618ST
Dirty Bird said:
I have the same issue but I just figure I don't have to worry about a battery coming lose in mid-air! ;)
Exactly!

My P2V battery got stuck a fez times... The reason was the little tab at the bottom of battery opening, that fits on the end. of battery pack like a rail...

Be sure to put the battery always sliding on the bottom of the cavity. If it's not, that rail could stuck the battery when out of correct place!

I did some working about, sprayed a little silicone oil ans it got smoothier than before! And corrosionX spray oil on my batteries and All kind of metal/metal contacts and motors.

Best regards,

OK, I sprayed some silicone or any lubricant on a qtip. Then look in the battery compartment. On the bottom left and right you will see a rubber strip that the battery glides along. I stroked the qtib along each rail. The battery comes out a lot easier.

PhilAnderson said:
I have a heck of a time removing my batteries. Yeah, I'm old, but I'm pretty strong. I don't have any trouble squeezing the two buttons but after pulling it out 1/4" or so to clear the tabs it's still stuck in there and it's difficult to remove. Yes, I can get it out, but it just seems to drag on the upper part of the compartment where there is a small piece of plastic designed to grip the upper tab of the battery.

Anybody else with this problem? A suggested solution?

Thanks, Phil

Batteries heat up after flight. They may expand slightly.

My P2V+ is IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE BATTERIES OUT! I agree this is a major problem. I consider myself stronger than most. Both of my batteries are a problem, which makes me wonder if the problem is with the Phantom. If I didn't enjoy the video capability so much, I would return the entire product. There is no way anyone else in my family would be able to get the flight batteries out.

I just received a Phantom 3 Professional today that had the same problem. I was absolutely HEARTBROKEN, because I had this problem once before with a PV2+ V3.0, which I had to exchange.

But, as it would turn out tonight, the problem was ONLY with one of the spare batteries; after an hour's worth of trying and almost getting a blister on my thumb (having already used the two-handed approach, using the motor arms for leverage), I was finally able to remove it by holding the drone and having my fiancée pull the battery out!!! Here's a link to a YouTube video of someone having the same problem with the Phantom 3 Standard.

Fortunately, this time, I'll just be exchanging a battery; the problem here was that the upper clamp could not be depressed for removal.

This may not come as a consolation but, this problem is being reported with the 3 line, too.
You may want to look at the claws on the battery that keep it in place; they may be just a little too tall. If that's the case, you can try filing the clasp(s) but, be careful not to file them down so far that they're too loose; the last thing you want is to have a battery pop out in flight!!!

Be careful with lubricants like silicone, oils, grease and others, as they may cause dust and grime accretion; this will only serve to further exacerbate your situation.

Hope this helps!!!

-Joe

Give this a try, there are two slits on the sides of the battery at the bottom. With a q-tip and a little silicone grease spread the grease in the slits lightly. Wipe of the excess and there you go. Do it to each battery and they are now 40-50% eaiser to slide out. Also use two hands to remove by grasping the battery with thumb and pointer finger and the back of the hand against the arms and kind of roll your hands pulling with equal force and the old battery slide out eaiser too.

I agree with Royva. I saw a video on youtube explaining/showing how to do this.
Approach the quad from the rear and use both hands. Both thumbs on the top clip, both index fingers on the bottom clip. Push the crotch of your thumbs into the rear arms of the quad and pull the battery out using leverage. Much less violent than how I used to do it, with one hand on top of the quad and one hand on the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik