Different versions of P3P?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to buy a Phantom 3 Professional after a looong time of thinking if i should by the Inspire 1 or the P3P.
I learnt when i researched the Inspire 1 that there are different versions with upgrades, for example version A,B,C and D.

My question is if the P3P also has different versions, and if yes how to spot them? And in that case whats the differences?

And is there anything else i should look for when purchasing the P3P that can be different between P3P´s?

I will most likely have the possibility to check inside the box.

I would appreciate a fast response since I'm about to purchase the drone today in a few hours.
Thanks in advance.

P.S Are there any waypoint functions yet for the P3 and the Inspire 1?

No alternate versions of the P3 have been released yet.

Okay so every single P3P is exactly the same and that applies to the remote control as well?

Thanks for a very fast response.

Okay so every single P3P is exactly the same and that applies to the remote control as well?

Thanks for a very fast response.
The birds are all the same version, there is a new controller which apparently has USB 3.0 instead of 2.0 on the older version. Not really an issue since if you buy one now it'll be the latest... if you buy used, it'll likely be an older controller.

The birds are all the same version, there is a new controller which apparently has USB 3.0 instead of 2.0 on the older version. Not really an issue since if you buy one now it'll be the latest... if you buy used, it'll likely be an older controller.

Oh, well I'm buying a used one that is returned to the shop, i have 14 days to change my mind and leave it back if there is some problem with the drone.
So how long time ago did they start to ship this 3.0 USB controller?
I guess there is no way to spot the USB version on the controller itself ? But maybe some number on the remote controller that tells what version it is?

Oh, well I'm buying a used one that is returned to the shop, i have 14 days to change my mind and leave it back if there is some problem with the drone.
So how long time ago did they start to ship this 3.0 USB controller?
I guess there is no way to spot the USB version on the controller itself ? But maybe some number on the remote controller that tells what version it is?
There's a different version number on the controller. But in all honesty, you shouldn't really care about USB 3.0 on the controller.... I'm not even sure why one would even need it. Enjoy your bird!

Okay so the new remote is V2.0 maybe? Okay so no use for the USB 3.0 today, maybe it will have some function in the future?

Okay so the new remote is V2.0 maybe? Okay so no use for the USB 3.0 today, maybe it will have some function in the future?
I can't imagine any functionality that could be added to the controller via a faster USB port which would justify returning the bird now.

No i will not return the drone based on only that, i was just curious if they maybe add some function in the future that is dependent on USB 3.0.

This is not a for sure, but almost all USB3 ports are blue instead of black -- so that could be one way to spot it. Most tablets are not USB3, so there is very little advantage at this point...but extra perks that you don't even need are always better when it costs the same.

Don't obsess about the USB 3 port. I do not know of anyone (in the US) who has a P3 controller that is different from anyone else's...

The fact is that the P3 will be in an on-going state of development and refinement. The HDMI board has just begun to ship and it will work in all P3 controllers as well as with the P3A and the P3P.

New apps are on their way with way point support and autonomous flight profiles. A FW update will be coming. There may be future internal hardware changes that DJI does not immediately reveal....product development does not stand still.

30 years in Silicon Valley has taught me to embrace this fact.

Buy your P3 and go fly.

:harry

Reactions: bobmyers
Didn't even think about that. If they can make an addon board which has HDMI, it would be just as simple to have an addon board that does HDMI AND USB3. I guess it all depends on if they come up with a use-case that is a big enough benefit.

Yes and with the HDMI output board i suppose it really doesn't matter if its USB 2 or USB 3 since the HDMI output board have its own USB port.

Anyway i bought the P3p today from the store and it was a returned item because the previous customer had changed his mind, but when i inspected the drone and its accessories i saw that the battery was from a P2, i also tried to look at the charger to see that it was the 100 W charger but it didn't have any watt written on it, when i came home i found out it was in fact the 57 Watt charger when i searched online for the model number A14-057N1A.
This idiot had bought the drone just to get an extra battery and an extra powerful charger and then gave it back to the store with his old 57 W charger and his old P2 battery, i guess he owned the P3 Advanced and wanted the 100 W charger and an extra free P3 battery. I suspect that he has changed the remote also to the newer one maybe? The remote doesn't say anything about a version like the P2 remote does.

Anyway i got discount for the amount of a battery, and tomorrow i need to go back and tell them i want money for a 100 w charger, unfortunately they don't sell chargers in this store, and not batteries either by the way, i had to buy a battery at another place.

But it looks like the P3p is totally untouched, probably since he only wanted the battery, charger and maybe the remote, so maybe he didn't even touched the drone?

The store says that they look thru all items they get back and test them, in this case it seems they hadn't done anything, or probably they didn't have the knowledge to know the difference between a P2 and a P3 battery and an Advanced charger and a Professional charger.

I bet he could have just put the gold stickers on his advanced model and give it back to the store as a Professional, I'm sure the staff wouldn't have noticed it. Its a big warehouse that sell mostly TV´s and HIFI so they don't have any knowledge about drones at all.

Well it was not a good start to my P3 experience, but i will not let that scare me, as long as the drone works perfectly fine I'm happy with that. I haven't been able to test it yet more than power on.
We will see how it works.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl