Different Props?

Reaction score
Recently ordered new props for my Phantom 3 (see link). Received these from Amazon in the original DJI packaging, but noticed something a bit different. The inside of the props (where they screw on) is metal, rather than the OEM white plastic. Have any of you noticed this when ordering these from Amazon? The reviews are very good, but I want to make sure this is okay before I fasten them and fly my bird. As

Link: https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-...id=1476972131&sr=8-2&keywords=phantom+3+props

The non-metal hubs are intended for the P3 due to the introduction of some type of 'braking' feature with the P3s.
The Metal hubs are for the P2s.

The idea is that the composite hubs provide more 'stick-tion' and the props are less likely to spin off during the braking or RPM reduction.

Aside from that you can use them but you might run into issues over time by over tightening them to ensure they not spin off.

Then why does DJI label the product for the P3 on Amazon? I'm confused. Should I send these back?

I cannot explain why they are listed for this or that. The description says 'all composite' but you know what you were sent.

Metal hubs P2
Composite hubs P3

They will work and can be used. I have explained the differences and the risks associated.

You may have received the wrong thing.. the description says

"DJI Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31