Different Props

Capodrone said:
Yeager said:
slugger said:
Has anyone used the Graupner 9x5 Props on there Phantom, and if so with what kind of luck?
Thanks
Slugger

Just picked up two sets of these DJI Phantom Carbon Fiber Propellers from Emodels: http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/p ... 42956.html although a little pricey.

not graupners bro. graupners are in a league of their own, super rare, but best props in market IMO. :!:

Yep thats why I bought these cuz Graupners are indeed hard to find.

slugger said:
Has anyone used the Graupner 9x5 Props on there Phantom, and if so with what kind of luck?
Thanks
Slugger

I'm flying the graupner 9x5 props, flies like a charm. They're tall enough to clamp tight between the stock prop nuts and base, but I must admit to a slightly less comfortable feel because of the lack of a shaft key hole. Might switch to nyloc nuts for that. Reamed them using a column drill.
Can't tell what difference it's gonna make towards vibrations, was already using a damper before switching to the graupners.

tvpopta said:
slugger said:
Thanks
Slugger

I'm flying the graupner 9x5 props, flies like a charm. They're tall enough to clamp tight between the stock prop nuts and base, but I must admit to a slightly less comfortable feel because of the lack of a shaft key hole. Might switch to nyloc nuts for that. Reamed them using a column drill.
Can't tell what difference it's gonna make towards vibrations, was already using a damper before switching to the graupners.

Did anyone need to modify the props? My 9x5" Graupners came in today but they don't fit, the hole is too small.. :?

I just got my new Vision 2 Props, incredible. Feels like nitro, though a lot noisier when flying low. It seems the best way to go is the Vision props, lighter, better and much stronger. :D

slugger said:
Thanks
Slugger

nrameckers said:
Did anyone need to modify the props? My 9x5" Graupners came in today but they don't fit, the hole is too small.. :?

It's a well known fact that you need to deem out the holes of the Graupners to make them fit a Phantom/dji motor.
- you might also need to use washer underneath so the prop nut will be able to tighten down enough.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Graupners,. in fact, I bought a set back in April, never installed and just re-sold them on Ebay.

I've gone with APC props, they need to be reamed too, but work just as well - at $3 a prop, much easier to replace/keep spares of.
I'm flying with APC 9x4.5 MR props, and they work just swell.
CF props are easy to damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair