Different lens for camera? P3A target camera

Reaction score
I'm wanting to use my P3A as a target camera. I would set it down range on the ground facing the target, then turn it on and view it on my iphone or ipad back at the shooting bench. The only problem is that I'd need the phantom to be so close to the target to see the bullet holes that it would be in the path of the bullet.

I've done this before using a video RX/TX system designed for RC models...
72ea8130651c9b65d9158be01bfa8ba3_zpsen2mf9ek.jpg

7081a2df295541599606dea86b428783_zpsdfpx1xik.jpg

I used a CCTV camera, and also had the same problem, but they sell different lenses to put on the cameras. I bought a different lens that screwed right on, was equivalent to like a 2 or 4 power magnification on it and it worked great! Does anyone know of any way to attach some sort of magnified lens to the P3A camera? Even if it's heavy and not designed for flight... I could make some PVC adapter if I had to.

I know there are lens converters like this:
BuyDig.com - Tokina Pro 3x Telephoto Lens Converter - for 52mm threading (Black)

But this one has the wrong adapters needed. I think the P3A would need a 28 or 29mm adapter ( not sure which one) but then I would think it would work.

Do the filters that fit on these screw on, as in you remove the factory clear lens cover and thread on the filter? If so, does anyone know the thread size?

Any other ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers