Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Different drone same smartphone

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by TerenceM, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TerenceM

Hi,

Probably a silly question, but here goes:

My P3 Standard is toast, I crashed it last month and the cost of repair is as much as a new bird. So I ended up buying a P3 Advanced (promising my wife this would be the last time I would do this - although i do like the specs on the new 4).

Anyhow, my question is this - I can use my Standard as a simulator and the Advanced for real flying. But I have only one iPhone 6 to use. Would it be messing things up if i used the DJI Go app for both machines? I know one uses Wifi and the other is linked via USB but would it mess up the app and its settings?

Thanks

2. bbfpv

the app supports multiple birds. just give the new one a different name.

3. TerenceM

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Some of the settings are stored in DJI GO -- and, others are stored directly on your Phantom. For those that are stored in DJI GO, any changes you make will affect all Phantoms flown with that device.

5. TerenceM

That makes sense Msinger, thank you

What I really want to use it for is to master waypoint and Poi on the standard in a safe environment. That's how I crashed in the first place, but I am determined to master the technique, although Litchi makes it that much easier than the DJI approach, but I still want to master it