Different Camera Views when switching video/stills?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first thread.

Just bought a P3A and noticed that there are 2 different camera views when using the DJI GO app. When switching between Camera and Video via the app, the image changes on the screen. The image is also a different perspective (slightly tilted lower for stills).

It's like there are 2 different cameras built into the unit. Anyone notice this? I have the latest FW 1.8...

Maybe you have different aspect ratios set for images and video?

In my P3P I have:

3840 x 2160 4K UHD (16:9) for video

4000 x 3000 for images because I shoot raw .dng and post-process and crop it later. A 16:9 preset would just crop the available sensor area.

Maybe you have different aspect ratios set for images and video?

In my P3P I have:

3840 x 2160 4K UHD (16:9) for video

4000 x 3000 for images because I shoot raw .dng and post-process and crop it later. A 16:9 preset would just crop the available sensor area.
Ratio is the same. 4:3 for camera and raw, 1920x1080p60 for video. The quality of the image changes as well, much more detailed when viewing the video live.

Ratio is the same. 4:3 for camera and raw, 1920x1080p60 for video. The quality of the image changes as well, much more detailed when viewing the video live.
The ratio is not the same...1920 x 1080 is a more "letterbox' format than 4x3.

The ratio is not the same...1920 x 1080 is a more "letterbox' format than 4x3.
True, but why would the image quality change on the screen? When it switches to video, the view is sharp and clear compared to the camera view.

As noted above, those are not the same aspect ratios. As for clearer more detailed FPV when in video mode, that is well known yes. No worries there. You'll find several threads on that topic in a search.

As noted above, those are not the same aspect ratios. As for clearer more detailed FPV when in video mode, that is well known yes. No worries there. You'll find several threads on that topic in a search.
Gotcha, thanks.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj