Different And Weird Experience

Reaction score
im the owner of P3S, it was my first drone, and i'm the one much concerned about range, after buying i realized its not the one which can go far away, as it is recommended 1km rang, but after reading reviews and watching videos it was very sure that it can cross 500m easily. but i have experienced something different.

i flown it many times but maximum 150m, then i decided to upgrade agrtek antena, but it was not chaged much after upgrading, then i upgrade the remote control with hacking software to extend it 27dbm, and unfortunately it didn't worked as well, now i'm gonna tell you about the weird story.

yesterday i was flying, and connected with galaxy s7 edge, having DJI official app, and same **** happened, long time i had litchi app installed and never used it before, and i decided to fly via litchi, it was the surprising moment for me, it flew 700m without any signal lost, and unfortunately battery was low that time, and i call him back, will do another range test soon.

Conclusion: Problem in Dji official app, i have reinstalled it twice, but it remains same with no change in range.
But after changing the app with same place, same phone, same phantom, just surprised me and make it possible for 700m without any signal lost.

What happens when you get out to that range? Do you loose signal or will it just not go any farther? If it's the latter, check the max distance setting in the go app! And check that you aren't still in 'Beginner mode'.

I am thinking in buying the litchi app... looks like people are getting better range than the DJI go app.

Reactions: ranajee82
Little weird and hard to figure. My experience with only the DJI app. I live in the country. With stock I fly around 1,200 m. everyday if I want. I went for it 2 days ago just to see, alt. 400 and it went 1,940 m. before I lost signal. I was at the beach in Panama City, Fl. last week and went 215 m over water without signal loss. I tried to go inland but couldn't get past the first row of condos.
Have you flown in different areas?

What happens when you get out to that range? Do you loose signal or will it just not go any farther? If it's the latter, check the max distance setting in the go app! And check that you aren't still in 'Beginner mode'.
no beginner mode, and in dji go its 500m, which is maximum i think. it actully loose the signal, getting message no signal

Little weird and hard to figure. My experience with only the DJI app. I live in the country. With stock I fly around 1,200 m. everyday if I want. I went for it 2 days ago just to see, alt. 400 and it went 1,940 m. before I lost signal. I was at the beach in Panama City, Fl. last week and went 215 m over water without signal loss. I tried to go inland but couldn't get past the first row of condos.
Have you flown in different areas?
yes i have tried in different areas, as i told, yesterday it was same place but as i switched to litchi it has crossed 700m, but with dji go app i wasn't

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj