Differences between apps

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Go app when downloading from DJI directly vs getting it from The Google Play store?

Don't the links @dji just lead you to the Apple Apps, or Google Play, anyway? ;-)
What makes you think there would be a difference?
There is a difference between iOS and Android apps, but not for the site where you download them.

RedHotPoker

Don't the links @dji just lead you to the Apple Apps, or Google Play, anyway? ;-)
What makes you think there would be a difference?
There is a difference between iOS and Android apps, but not for the site where you download them.

RedHotPoker
When I scanned the QR code it just downloaded the app to my phone. I thought it would send me to the Play Store. I am using the app from the Play store currently.
I am asking because I have seen some people say that there is a difference between getting the app from DJI directly vs from an app store.
I did realize that there are differences between iOs and Android. Annoying, but whatever

One major difference, is the Android version is missing the flight SIM.
NOT a deal breaker, but it is a nice option, on a cold or rainy day. ;-)
Also, with the recent Go app and firmware updates, there was some camera functionality, that came only to the Android version. The Phantom 3 Pro, now also has 2.7k video, along with it's amazing 4K and 1080p. The Phantom 3 Pro' iOS version will also get this update soon.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
The download link on DJI's website is sometimes more up-to-date than Google Play. That has been a common occurrence when DJI releases a new version of the Android DJI GO app. For that reason, I'd recommend you always download it from the DJI downloads page. Notice that they link directly to the app -- and, not to the Google Play listing.

The download link on DJI's website is sometimes more up-to-date than Google Play. That has been a common occurrence when DJI releases a new version of the Android DJI GO app. For that reason, I'd recommend you always download it from the DJI downloads page. Notice that they link directly to the app -- and, not to the Google Play listing.
That's what I was wondering then, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4