Difference in distance between Phantom 2 and vision +

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new in this domain but i would really like to purchase a quadcopter to capture videos from my surroundings but i am coming across so many different specs that i need to ask you're advice guys. First I wanted to know if I decide to purchase a Phantom 3 H3-3d, how far will it go without any extra equipment compared to the Vision + without extra equipment.

Also, For the phantom 2 will i be able to link it to my iPhone/Ipad to generate a direct video link between both devices. Also do I need an Internet connection to fly or can I use the quadcopter anywhere?

Thats about it for now. Thanks :)

PS: I am planning to buy a cheap quadcopter to train myself first before i fly the Phantom 2.

Thanks Bob, I have had a look on the website but there are not very clear.

They say that the Phantom 2 has a larger remote control range but I doubt that The drone is going further than the V+ which is more expensive.

In your answer you mention the V+, but what about the 2 do I need an internet connection for that model

Let me address the title to this thread. The big difference in the Phantom 2 & The Phantom 2 Vision + is that the VIsion + comes with a gimbal and a camera attached and ready to fly. The Vision + accommodates the ability to have FPV with an iPhone or an Android. The P2 does not. You need to install FPV equipment with the P2. Depending on the FPV equipment you install on your P2, it will probably have a much greater range then the Vision + using your phone. Some pilots have reported using FPV for over a mile.

A lot people that are interested in aerial photography or video like the P2 equipped with a Zenmuse gimbal and a GoPro camera because the GoPro is reported to be a much better camera then the camera that comes with the Vision +. All that being said, if you're not a tweaker or someone who is comfortable with installing additional pieces to something like a quadcopter, I would suggest you go with the Vision +. It won't have the camera range that the P2 with GoPro-FPV combo has but I suspect it adequate for a lot of users. Especially users that are not looking for perfection in their videos and photos. That being said, I purchased a P2 with a Zenmuse 2D gimbal & I already had a GoPro camera.

One other thing to mention, is that with the GoPro configuration, it allows you to unmount the GoPro and use it as a standalone camera.You can't do that with the Vision + camera. I'd do some more research on this forum and also research the GoPro camera. Don't pass up watching some videos from Vimeo or YouTube, of people using both setups. I have the GoPro Hero Black + that I bought at Walmart for $400 & really like it. There area types of attachments to aid in using the cameral in various situations. I used it attached with a chest mount while doing zip lining down in the Mayan jungle out of Cancun with nice results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan