difference between RTH/Failsafe and Home Lock?

Reaction score
Like the headline says :) Is there any difference between Home Lock in NAZA mode, and RTH/Failsafe? Why would I use one rather than the other?

Home lock requires user input. Pull the stick straight back towards you and the phantom will travel whatever direction to get back to it's home locked position.

RTH/Failsafe is automated.

Read the manual much?

Boozshey said:
Home lock requires user input. Pull the stick straight back towards you and the phantom will travel whatever direction to get back to it's home locked position.

RTH/Failsafe is automated.

Read the manual much?
Actually, I've been doing nothing but reading the manual lately, as well as reading through tons of posts on here, and guess what? I just happened to miss that piece of info.

Act like a jerk much?

So I see.

So, my question remains: what would be the point of using Home Lock, if RTH/Failsafe does it automatically?

Use RTH because you can't see it anymore and have no idea what it's doing, don't know it's altitude, it's the "oh **** mode"?

Use HL because you see the phantom but lost orientation so you just need to fly it back to you?

Use RTH beause you are done flying and to lazy to fly it home?

That really will be a questions and situation you'd have to discover on your own and choose the best method of recovery.

Also, RTH will only happen at a slower fixed speed, whereas HL will allow you to bring it back towards home point as fast as the max speed of the Phantom (and without waiting for the climb to 60ft if you're below that).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj