Difference between P3P 60 Mbps video bit rate vs P3A 40 Mbps

Reaction score
What is the practical difference between the Max Bitrate of Video Storage of 60 Mbps in the Phantom 3 Professional vs 40 Mbps in the Phantom 3 Advanced? Is it worth the money from P3P price to P3A? I don't plan to use 4K ( too heavy for editing), but I would like the best 1080p 60 fps.

I'm not sure which bit rate you're referencing, but the video wireless link of p3a to the controller is slower than the p3p. The result is the optional HDMI kit doesn't work good, the 720 image on goggles like Headplay HDs is degraded. This doesn't affect the 1080 video recording within the camera to flash, only the image transmitted to the controller. I don't recommend the p3a anymore because of this degraded link. Plus, the 100 watt charger that comes with p3p is a must, almost twice the charge speed of the 57 watt charger that comes with p3a. I don't record 4K ever, but I'm glad I bought the pro. It's been flawless, I have over 100 miles on it.

You are right. The p3p does record at max 60mbps while the advanced max out at 40. There will be a difference in quality, esp on fast moving scenes. I suggest you look on YouTube for bitrate comparison videos. I did manage to find some (not of phantoms though) .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik