Difference between contollers

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the difference between a GL300C and a GL300A controller for a P3 Pro? I have a P3 Pro. I bought the ITE-DBS02 range extender which required opening up the controller to install the mod. I messed up a ribbon cable in the process which appears that cannot be bought anywhere. So, to remedy this I started looking around for a replacement controller and found one on Craigslist in mint condition for $150, a deal! The owner had crashed his drone and was selling the remote. I have not looked up yet how to link this controller to my drone, but actually may just use the ribbon cable from it to make mine with the long range antenna work. Once I made it home with the new controller I started comparing the two. Mine, that came with my P3 Pro is a model GL300C the one I bought is a GL300A. Thoughts please ;)

Can anyone tell me the difference between a GL300C and a GL300A controller for a P3 Pro? I have a P3 Pro. I bought the ITE-DBS02 range extender which required opening up the controller to install the mod. I messed up a ribbon cable in the process which appears that cannot be bought anywhere. So, to remedy this I started looking around for a replacement controller and found one on Craigslist in mint condition for $150, a deal! The owner had crashed his drone and was selling the remote. I have not looked up yet how to link this controller to my drone, but actually may just use the ribbon cable from it to make mine with the long range antenna work. Once I made it home with the new controller I started comparing the two. Mine, that came with my P3 Pro is a model GL300C the one I bought is a GL300A. Thoughts please ;)
The A model has slightly higher transmit power and might give you a little extra range.
Linking a new controller is very easy and takes 30 secs.
Search the manual for Linking.

I had the 300A.
Very good range. Try it without the range extender - you may find you won't need it.
The only problem with the 300A is that on a few the USB port can stop working. It did on mine. No warning at all. I walked up a mountain to fly and couldnt get connection with my phone. Tried everything. USB port just packed up. Controller still works so if I had been in the air I could have hit RTH and sticks worked etc just no video feed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20