Diff between P2 and the P2V+?

Reaction score
I have been reading here allot and getting closer to making a purchase on one. I like the P2v+ because of all in one solution but I like the idea of being able to upgrade the camera as better ones comes out and you cant do that with the P2V+ so now looking at a P2 with a gopro. But my question is this, are the 2 core phantom's the same or is there a difference between the 2 core models? I am still on the fence about which way to go...

I believe that the platforms are identical. Others can weigh in on that.

I was also on the fence about which to purchase. I chose a V2+ because of the integrated first person video. You need extra hardware to do that with a V2. And now that I have FPV, I can't imagine flying without it.

Well...
Yes, the physicals are the same (with the exception of the video & FPV equipment on the P2V or V+ respectively).
However, the P2s are controlled via 2.4GHz while the V & V+ are 5.8GHz.

That may be significant depending on your future [upgrade] plans.

From my limited understanding, the differences are limited and mostly between the cameras and gimbals (or lack of one). The electronics for the PV2 and the PV2+ are mostly the same. The PV2 has more options for upgrading and swapping out the stock but jerky camera because of a lack of a gimbal. The PV2+, has the same camera (fundamentally), but it has a genuine gimbal. The fluidity of the videos taken from the PV2 and the PV2+ are like night and day. The PV2+ videos are vastly superior, smoother and because of the integrated gimbal.

g1967 said:
I have been reading here allot and getting closer to making a purchase on one. I like the P2v+ because of all in one solution but I like the idea of being able to upgrade the camera as better ones comes out and you cant do that with the P2V+ so now looking at a P2 with a gopro. But my question is this, are the 2 core phantom's the same or is there a difference between the 2 core models? I am still on the fence about which way to go...

The PV+ is a complete, all-in-one, ready-to-fly out of the box system. One other plus to the PV+ is she is an aesthetically pleasing aircraft. The design is very clean and well integrated, without wires and stuff dangling around beneath the airframe. Take a look at some systems and you will know what I am saying.

The P2 is an airframe only. She includes the same GPS/Flight controller/Flight Features as the PV+. Another notable difference is the P2 uses 2.4 Ghz for flight controls, whereas the PV+ uses a 5.8 Ghz control system. If your desire is to build your own FPV system, the P2 has an advantage on two fronts. First, since it uses 2.4 Ghz for control, you can easily get an aftermarket controller for increased functionality and range. Second, most of the popular FPV systems use 5.8 Ghz, which will work without interfering with your control.

My personal recommendation: Buy both! Enjoy the PV+, while researching & assembling your custom P2 platform! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4