Did your Batteries take the new Updated FW?

TCW

Reaction score
I did the latest, 1.04.001, no problem was a success, then proceeded to insert the remaining batteries . The txt file read abort , FW same as installed, or something to that effect. However the first update to the bird and first battery read success. For the remaining batteries,I got the red led on the camera momentarily and then within a fews seconds I got the green led. So I take it the new FW doesn't affect the batteries?

Firmware v1.4 does not have to be installed on the remote controller or batteries. That is covered in the release notes.

Last edited:
Actually just re-read the release notes and I don't see batteries mentioned unless they fall under the controller "package".

You won't ever have to worry about your batteries if you keep the firmware on your memory card. Your Phantom will automatically install the firmware on your batteries if needed as you use them.

Reactions: littlesister36
^Yeah but I thought there is no 1.4 for the batteries.

So going from 1.2 to 1.4. Will putting 1.4 on the card installing it into the aircraft install 1.3 onto the batteries?

Also how the heck do you check the firmware on the batteries?

^Yeah but I thought there is no 1.4 for the batteries.

So going from 1.2 to 1.4. Will putting 1.4 on the card installing it into the aircraft install 1.3 onto the batteries?

Also how the heck do you check the firmware on the batteries?

Do the whole FW program with 1.3 first, bird, controller then each extra battery. When txt file reads success, repeat FW update to the bird only with latest FW 1.4

Do the whole FW program with 1.3 first, bird, controller then each extra battery. When txt file reads success, repeat FW update to the bird only with latest FW 1.4

Yeah this is what I was afraid of. I already went right to 1.4 on the bird. So how do I downgrade to 1.3?

Yeah this is what I was afraid of. I already went right to 1.4 on the bird. So how do I downgrade to 1.3?

Don't need to. Just get the 1.3.2 on the sd card of the 1.4 firmware bird. It will fail to do the bird as the firmware is older. It will however detect that you battery and/or RC requires updates and pushes them through. Battery should take a few seconds each and the RC about 5 minutes.

Reactions: StevenQX
Don't need to. Just get the 1.3.2 on the sd card of the 1.4 firmware bird. It will fail to do the bird as the firmware is older. It will however detect that you battery and/or RC requires updates and pushes them through. Battery should take a few seconds each and the RC about 5 minutes.
Thanks Mako, that's the answer i was looking for. I've bought a new battery, my bird and my other battery are already up to date. I was afraid to insert the new battery inside the bird with the 1.3.2 firmware because i don't want to downgrade (and then have to re-upgrade) the bird firmware. But if you tell me that the 1.3.2 will be installed only on the battery i'm calm

Firmware v1.4 does not have to be installed on the remote controller or batteries. That is covered in the release notes.
Actually its not, it only says remote is not updated.
Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 16.35.13.png

Reactions: StevenQX
I Jumped the aircraft from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0 and my batteries upgraded.
I installed 1.3.2 on the controller first.( Just on the controller, not on the craft)
That's all.

Exactly what i did:
From 1.1.9 i jump to 1.4.
On the RC i did install 1.3.2.0.

Someone above is saying i should update my Phantom 3 to 1.3.2.0 AND then 1.4?

Can someone confirm this is the right procedure???

sergeKouper:

What do you think of the new fw? Everthing is ok?

Exactly what i did:

sergeKouper:

Everything looks just fine! but I still have to fly it to be sure. I'm confident everything will be alright.

Reactions: Mordor
Exactly what i did:

sergeKouper:

DJI say you have to do this on the remote control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers