Did you RTM? Well it's changed. Here are the modifications.

TAZ

Reaction score
It came to my notice that I had a different copy on my iPhone than the one on my iPad of the same version manual. So, after a conversion and document comparison, here are the changes to the P3P User Guide dated 6/1 from its previous version (I wish they at least indicate manual rev#s so we can keep track of changes better). So no one else needs to compare and contrast, all of the changes the comparison program found are below. Top picture is current manual, bottom is previous. Green underline indicates additions, red strikethrough indicates deletions.

Failsafe RTH
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436994637.048894.jpg

While the previous version stated only that during a Failsafe RTH, if you moved a stick, it would stop ascending...the new version clarifies 1) if you are within 20M radius of your Homepoint, it will immediately land. 2) provided you are 20M above your Homepoint and you move your sticks, it will stop ascending, and move directly to your Homepoint (rather then immediately stoping ascent regardless of AGL). 3) A weak GPS signal will prevent the aircraft reaching its Homepoint.

Dynamic Homepoint
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436995562.130029.jpg

The previous manual indicated that when setting a dynamic Homepoint, your Homepoint will be set to your controller, and update itself on a regular interval. This is not the observed behavior, and the manual has been updated. You must reset the Homepoint again manually if you want the Homepoint updated again if you've moved the location of the controller.

Restricted Areas
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436995292.028609.jpg

The new manual clarifies that a warning message will be displayed when youre within .062 miles or 100m of a restricted zone. The previous version state .6 miles and 1Km.

Reactions: ScottyT
Yes. I see that but what does it mean? There is no home point if you are within 65 feet of the original home point, it will descend wherever it is if you are within 65 feet of your original home point. So, I take it to mean you best be outside of 65 feet before you hit RTH or hope you are outside of 65 feet if it goes into failsafe because it is coming down right there. Kind of confusing if you ask me.

Yes. I see that but what does it mean? There is no home point if you are within 65 feet of the original home point, it will descend wherever it is if you are within 65 feet of your original home point. So, I take it to mean you best be outside of 65 feet before you hit RTH or hope you are outside of 65 feet if it goes into failsafe because it is coming down right there. Kind of confusing if you ask me.
It will land where it is if you are not at over 20 meters out. Not just in the manual, but it is known proven fact. So it you are over a tree and are 20 meters or under away-- get ready to crash if you initiate RTH>

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4