Did you lose a Phantom 3 A just North of Harvard University??

If nobody replies before the week is out, i will say i lost my p3a just north of harvard.

Plus 1 for having a contact number on the airframe.

Doubtful. Probably afraid of the consequences (did drone caused accident/personal injury?). Which raises a good hypothetical question. What would you do if this happens to you... Would you claim your lost drone not knowing what damages it might have caused? Is it worth the the legal consequences that you recover probably damaged beyond repair drone?

I think I'll do the right thing and own up to it... But who knows?

Not mine, but nice try. Obviously you must be an FAA investigator trying to identify the owner of an unregistered UAS so that the Harvard Square privacy liberals can prosecute the owner.
Just kidding. LOL.

Kudos for trying to help out. DJI had been reluctant in the past to help get these lost aircraft back to their owners.

Reactions: Fourprops and J0ck0
Doubtful. Probably afraid of the consequences (did drone caused accident/personal injury?). Which raises a good hypothetical question. What would you do if this happens to you... Would you claim your lost drone not knowing what damages it might have caused? Is it worth the the legal consequences that you recover probably damaged beyond repair drone?

I think I'll do the right thing and own up to it... But who knows?
Good question. I wonder how many would own up to it. To me, a pilot should not even lift off unless they are willing to be responsible about what may happen. For me, I have my name, mobile number, and AMA number on my P3 body, separately on the gimbal (since it so often detaches) and also in a README text file on the SD card. I have also been meaning to add it to my batteries since they seem to eject.

Reactions: JoBe
Would analysis of the internal sd card give the flight info and can it be accessed by anyone other than DJI?

I have my name, mobile number, and AMA number on my P3 body.

+1. I have also printed Reward Offered on the label with my phone number. I include more detailed info on a QR code printed on the label.

Reactions: Oso
........and also in a README text file on the SD card. .....

This is why I name my SD Card my phone number.

bell-1.gif

Not only is my name, email and phone on every card (both as a text [readmeiffound.txt] and readmeiffound.pdf!), but a mention of a reward as well. I keep the reward money stashed in my hard case.

Thanks for making the effort to find the owner. I guess this shows it doesn't take a Harvard Graduate to fly these thing.... orrr.....does....it...? ;)

Me too. Did the owner find out through the forum here?

Was there info on the memory card?

Were Wanted Posters plastered around the campus?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl