DID YOU CRASH YOUR PHANTOM, GIMBAL,..? FPVLR Antenna UPGRADE

motor upgrades on P2's and P3's ? of course.

btw, i didn't get a PM from you

Hi Hunch
I have a P2V and P2V+ I purchased second hand after the P2v+ had it maiden flight and crashed and broke the gimbal and ribbon and the landing gear.
The P2V had only flow ten times and it ended up in Botany Bay ( Salt water) which it rescued and thoroughly washed etc.and belive it or not the main board had some issues with corroded pins but otherwise it flies perfectly.
P2V issue are - The camera have a good consistent strong WiFi signal. The same old No Connection to Phantom error message haunts me relentlessly (useless message) the camera turns on and the LED lights the app does not pick up the Micro SD card and there is no video to the app.
The P2V+ suffered a crash and bent the gimbal out of shape and the usual pulled out shaft on the roll motor and torn ribbon. I managed to panel beat it back into shape & replace the broken ribbon. I made a roll motor protection aluminium bracket. The camera and gimbal still does not work but again the WIFI is ok

I installed OpenWRT Luci web interface on the repeater and the phantom Wi-Fi sender to allow me to check the Wi-Fi as the app keeps stating that the connection is broken. There is so many ideas about this out there but it is not Wi-Fi issue as I can connect and hold to both without an issue. If anything the repeater tends to be the one to drop out. At least can see what is going on and not just an error in my face The bind went ok and appears fine. It sees the SD card.
When the app shows the connection to phantom failed error message, the app still shows it’s connected to the Wi-Fi.
I am not really ofay with the working of the P2V+ wifi unit mounted internally but from what I can see it tends to run too hot ( I re-pasted the chips and added heat pads which improved it quite a lot by a reduction of several degrees. The module may have more then one section where one part is WiFi the other is basically FPV type video transmission system which seems to have failed. I would appreciate any help in diagnosing this issue for both cameras. I don't understand why the impact would have damaged the Video electronic circuit but not the WiFi as it is solid state. If this is the case the DJI have disappointed. The quality on some of the boards leave a bit to be desired I feel..

I would appreciate any clues of testing points or if you believe a board failure is the common issue then if you would be so kind as to share the information.
The main reason for this message is to ask if you had circuit boards for both cameras and how to test them to know for sure that they are faulty.
many thanks lou

it's been quiet here lately, but I just got done reading all 5 pages.
and all I can say is WOW, I think I just found my drone repair guy.
as he's only 8 hours away comparing to Texas, Arizona,and California.

yeah little quiet here on the forums i try to answer questions when i can and haven't been on here for a little bit because of the work load.
but latest update would be that i am approaching Phantom number 900 now. last year little over 600 went through the shop and i am little short of 300
this year :)
so yeah still a lot of work. you can find all my contact info at uavrepairshop.com also and FB page called UAV Repair Shop. on FB i have mainly past customers
members and there is a ton of feedback there.
i hope you never need me for repair ;) but if it happens that you do, you know where to find me

Reactions: GadgetGuy
UPDATE 08/06/2015
800+ members and counting on FB group page
over 400 Phantoms went through the shop since 10/14,
over 500 gimbals went through the shop since 10/14

UPDATE 07/02/2015
740+ members and counting on FB group page
over 300 Phantoms went through the shop since 10/14,
over 400 gimbals went through the shop since 10/14,

UPDATE 05/01/2015
650 members and counting on FB group page
over 200 Phantoms went through the shop since 10/14,
over 250 gimbals went through the shop since 10/14,
12 of them from outside US!! (Australia, Scotland, UK, Singapore, Croatia, Greece, Germany, New Zealand, Austria, Netherlands, France).

UPDATE 03/30/2015
565+ members and counting on FB group page

over 120 Phantoms went through the shop in last 5 1/2 months,
over 200 gimbals went through the shop in last 5 1/2 months, 10 of them from outside US!! (Australia, Scotland, 2 from UK, Singapore, Croatia, Greece, Germany, New Zealand, Austria).

UPDATE 02/20/2015

480+ members and counting on FB group page
over 90 Phantoms went through the shop in last 3 1/2 months,
over 120 gimbals went through the shop in last 3 1/2 months, 10 of them from outside US!! (Australia, Scotland, 2 from UK, Singapore, Croatia, Greece, Germany, New Zealand, Turkey)

join the group if you like:
需要安全验证
http://www.uavrepairshop.com
shop.uavrepairshop.com

UPDATE 02/06/2015
430+ members and counting on FB group page
over 80 Phantoms went through the shop in last 3 months,
over 100 gimbals went through the shop in last 3 months, 8 of them from outside US!! (Australia, Scotland, 2 from UK, Singapore, Croatia, Greece, Germany)

UPDATE 12/30/2014
300 members and counting on FB group page
over 40 Phantoms went through the shop in last 2 months,
over 60 gimbals went through the shop in last 2 months, 8 of them from outside US!! (Australia, Scotland, 2 from UK, Singapore, Croatia, Greece, Germany)

需要安全验证

Thank you ALL!!
keep bringing them in!

UPDATE: 12/09/2014
https://shop.uavrepairshop.com is LIVE! you can now checkout securely online for diagnostic fee and other service items and products. i will be adding more items soon.

UPDATE: 12/08/2014
Webiste is almost complete at http://www.uavrepairshop.com and online checkout system will be available in next day or two so you'll be able to pay for all the the orders, diagnostics, products and services
right there on the website.

let me know what you have and what are you thinking of getting for it.
i fix and/or buy damaged DJI Phantom 2's (non vision, Vision, Vision+), 450, 550,.. S800-S1000.

will either buy or fix!

in either case PM me if interested.
thanks!

Hani
UAV Repair Shop

Join my Facebook UAV Repair shop Group at
需要安全验证
or find me on PhantomPilots.com at
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27737
When I go to your webpage my browser pops this up;

Attachments

• Website security01.JPG
    Website security01.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 158
you must have some kind of defender or something installed on your computer. hit continue. it's ok

you must have some kind of defender or something installed on your computer. hit continue. it's ok
I got the popup also. It says your certificate expired on the 8th. I went to your site anyway and may ship you my P3P on Monday since I crashed it tonight.

itIaI9k

Attachments

• UAVrepairshop.jpg
    UAVrepairshop.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 223

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj