Did UAV take down Blue Angel?

You really think a 3 lb plastic drone can take down an f-18?

Yes, I do.

First of all, the 3 lb plastic drone has many metal parts, including a big battery. Anybody who has done a FOD* walk on an airfield will know what I'm talking about.

I think it's possible. Doesn't mean I think it's probable, but until Pratt & Whitney or GE or Rolls Royce launch a few drones through jet intakes, we're just guessing, aren't we?

*Foreign Object Damage

Reactions: GoodnNuff
this remains the most stupid post on this forum. really. what if i brought my P3 into a salad bar and, with my carbon fiber props I tossed a salad to microscopic bits? would MSNBC send out a crew to cover it?

thats what i want to know

Yes, I do.

First of all, the 3 lb plastic drone has many metal parts, including a big battery. Anybody who has done a FOD* walk on an airfield will know what I'm talking about.

I think it's possible. Doesn't mean I think it's probable, but until Pratt & Whitney or GE or Rolls Royce launch a few drones through jet intakes, we're just guessing, aren't we?

*Foreign Object Damage

true, they just throw things into those engines like steel tables and chairs, full couches and even human being.

our drone is not taking out a plane as easy as anyone thinks

Its just a matter of time, an Ultralight/Microlight pilot would suffer serious injuries if they flew into a drone also not to mention Paramotor pilots, you think a 3lb object hitting you in the face isnt going to do anything at 70 mph or it entering a jet engine at 500mph?

Your assumption is ridiculous, theres plenty of bird strike vids on Youtube taking out all kinds of aircraft including fighter jets, they dont armour plate the insides of an engine.

The airport exclusion zones should start to make sense now? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
true, they just throw things into those engines like steel tables and chairs, full couches and even human being.

our drone is not taking out a plane as easy as anyone thinks

Really? Steel tables, chairs, and full couches? For all those furniture strikes on airliners?

If you have a link showing these items going through jet engines, I'd love to see one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20