P3 Firmware Did I try to upgrade with wrong FW?

Reaction score
As a recent purchaser of a Phantom 3 Std. I wanted to be sure I had everything current as far as the firmware was concerned. When I got to the stage of selecting the FW version, I thought that the most recent dated version would be the one to select. As it turned out, that version name begins "P3X..."

I downloaded it, and installed it on both the AC and the RC. When I tried to link the two, all I got was a continuous flashing of warning lights, and beeps; sometimes continuous, other times in sets of 4.

Remembering that the other FW versions on the web-site had version names beginning "P3S..." I got to thinking that perhaps I had grabbed a FW version meant for one of the other P3 craft versions. That set me off seeking information on the possibility of "downgrading" the version I had installed to an earlier, hopefully, correct version. The dilemma I now faced is that nearly all the messages and videos I found involved using a thumb drive to plug into either the RC or the AC. Those comments are of no use to me as both my RC and my AC have micro-USB sockets only on them.

Oh, how I wish there was some way to hook my RC and my AC directly to my PC and find out just which FW versions are on the two items.Then I could tell in an instant if I actually have a FW conflict, as noted in several entries in the TXT file. Even that is nor real help to me as I can not tell which is the latest of the entries.

you know p3s is done thru wifi not off computer looks like you loaded it wrong should of did it off wifi it tells you when new firmware is out

Hi flpholt:

I did use the DJI app on my cell phone to do the "upgrade", and everything seemed to go OK, but when check things out, I had no video from the camera. At that point, I thought something had gone wrong, so even tried to re-install upgrade, with same result. That is why I am thinking I used wrong FW version.

did you try and relink rc to bird see if that works pull up dji go app and look what version you have

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31