Did I ruin my camera?

Reaction score
Oh boy! I was shooting pictures and videos of the sunrise and the images were coming back just fine. I flew a little longer after the sun was up and then decided to take photos of the sun on the horizon using different color options e.g., vivid, none, b&w, etc.. I then switched batteries and noticed the image from the camera was very dark and I couldn't do anything in settings to correct it. I thought it might be the battery because I haven't been able to update it to 1.8.10. Slipped the other one in and images still appeared dark, although I didn't fly.

So I'll test later after charging the batteries but could I have damaged the camera by pointing it at the sun on the horizon?

noticed the image from the camera was very dark and I couldn't do anything in settings to correct it
The first thing to check is the EV value in the camera data line of the app display.
Look above teh centre right of the screen and you should see a line with ISO, shutter speed and (in blue) EV something.
If it has something like EV-3.0 or EV-2.0, that means you have set your camera ti underexpose by 3 or 2 stops which would make the screen display quite dark.
Adjust it back to EV0 and your view should come back to normal.

Criminy! You were spot on. That was the issue as the image improved as I adjusted the EV to zero. It was set on -3 which I must've accidentally set it to. Thanks so much.

Reactions: Philltayl

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20