Did I make a error :(

Reaction score
Last night was one of those cloudy nights where the sky was covered with white streaming clouds that were just stormy hazy.Easy enough to lose sight in the blink of the eye but I wasn't planning on going very high.A few flights then a final going up to bump my max height then bring it down for the night but looking at my screen it showed I was at 469 ft and climbing WHOA ! ,what was going on ?.I wasn't supposed to be that high and I started dropping as fast as I could until I got down below 390 ft and hit RTH.I had never tested or even tried to bump up against my max height before and I was wondering what happened.This morning I just went thru my settings and sure enough it was my fault.Although I fly in ft settings the screen settings are still in Metric soo when I put in Max Height I put it 390(m) which is 1279.5 ft. I feel so dang stupid but now it is 120 m which is 393 ft.I may go back and lower it a tad but I never fly near that high anyway.
So yes,I made an error but I sure am glad I caught it ...

Last edited:
Last night was one of those cloudy nights where the sky was covered with white streaming clouds that were just stormy hazy.Easy enough to lose sight in the blink of the eye but I wasn't planning on going very high.A few flights then a final going up to bump my max height then bring it down for the night but looking at my screen it showed I was at 469 ft and climbing WHOA ! ,what was going on ?.I wasn't supposed to be that high and I started dropping as fast as I could until I got down below 390 ft and hit RTH.I had never tested or even tried to bump up against my max height before and I was wondering what happened.This morning I just went thru my settings and sure enough it was my fault.Although I fly in ft settings the screen settings are still in Metric soo when I put in Max Height I put it 390(m) which is 1279.5 ft. I feel so dang stupid but now it is 120 m which is 393 ft.I may go back and lower it a tad but I never fly near that high anyway.
So yes,I made an error but I sure am glad I caught it ...
Good you caught it. 1200 is pretty high:)

Reactions: JoBe
When I changed to imperial some time ago I was surprised that my screen changed to feet.I went thru my settings and changed my height to 390 thinking it was also in ft. :(
Good you caught it. 1200 is pretty high:)

1200' is way too high and I can't see any reason for me to fly that high ever,I doubt I will ever fly anywhere near my max height setting.I have cataracts but they don't seem to bother my vision but my eye dr. told me different so I have a appointment to get them removed coming up. :(

Changing settings changes everything to imperial
Umm, no. RTH and height have always been metric no matter what the imperial/metric setting hapoens to be. I read a long time ago on one of the tips threads that this has been the case for many years already.

It does not. Settings remain metric, onscreen telemetry will be imperial. Threw me when I first got my P3 as well. Kind of strange.
VERY strange and confusing for those using imperial.
I'm on metric and everything is metric.
I had assumed changing would make everything imperial.

Reactions: SunnyD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor