Did I lose all of my flight data by deleting DJI GO app from iPad?

Reaction score
Hello fellow Phantomites!

I recently switched from iPad Mini to iPad Air so I gave my Mini to my daughter. She then immediately started deleting apps that I had on it and I quickly realized that all of my flight records were on there. Well, she deleted the DJI GO app and I tried to see if the files were still there but they were gone.

I was hoping that all of that info is somewhere on the phantoms (I have two P3Ps) and maybe I can just plug the Phantoms into my PC and get the info there.

I especially liked the number of flights, miles and hours info.

Is there a way to retrieve these data by plugging in the Phantoms to my computer?

Thanks in advance.

yes, unless you hit the sync button periodically.
Specifically, If you have sync'd all your previous flights by using the cloud Icon on the Flight Records page, you can get them back onto your new device by hitting the cloud icon again.
If not, I think there are methods for downloading flight records from the internal SD card.

Reactions: CONTROL FREQ
Specifically, If you have sync'd all your previous flights by using the cloud Icon on the Flight Records page, you can get them back onto your new device by hitting the cloud icon again.
If not, I think there are methods for downloading flight records from the internal SD card.

i probably have 6 or 7 hundred flights but i erase the sd card daily. :(

They were asking you if you had sync'd your flights with the DJI cloud. If you have been sync'ing, then you can simply download your flights to your new iPad.

ok. I plugged my phantom in via usb port and I turned on the phantom but nothing shows up on my PC. I'm guessing that I need a special program on my PC to retrieve info from the phantom to my computer?

Thanks.

They were asking you if you had sync'd your flights with the DJI cloud. If you have been sync'ing, then you can simply download your flights to your new iPad.

oh.

no, I have not been syncing them. I guess I'd better start huh?

Thanks.

ok. I plugged my phantom in via usb port and I turned on the phantom but nothing shows up on my PC. I'm guessing that I need a special program on my PC to retrieve info from the phantom to my computer?

Thanks.

Can you clarify that the data you want is the flight records that used to appear on the Pilot/Go app.
If so, and you have previous backed up your flights to the DJI cloud, all you have to do with the new device is open Go, put in all your ID data. Go to the Flight Records icon (The paper airplane in the top left) click on it. When the flight records page opens click on the Cloud icon in the upper right and change the choice to "All Records" and then SYNC.

Reactions: CONTROL FREQ
Did you regularly back up/sync your iPad? If so, you may be able to do a restore on it and most of the files back, depending on how often you did a sync.

Did you regularly back up/sync your iPad? If so, you may be able to do a restore on it and most of the files back, depending on how often you did a sync.

no, i never synced any records until today after talking to you guys.

i never really payed attention to the sync option. :(

so it's synced to a cloud and it's free with the purchase of the Phantom?

Yup it's synced if you choose to, and its free

Have you ever connected your iPad to a computer, say, to update the software?

If so, you may have a backup in iTunes.

Reactions: Buckaye
Wow, never thought of that.

Gonna check that when I get home.

Thanks.

You're Welcome!

Does your daughter have her own computer? If so, back up the iPad to her computer because it's going to be wiped for the restore.

Now connect the iPad to your computer and start iTunes if it doesn't start automatically. Are you able to select Restore Backup... in the red area below?

iTunes%20Restore_zpsvebjrhhr.jpg

Depending on the last time you synced, or updated the iPad, you may be able to recover at least some of the files.

Cheers!

Can you clarify that the data you want is the flight records that used to appear on the Pilot/Go app.
If so, and you have previous backed up your flights to the DJI cloud, all you have to do with the new device is open Go, put in all your ID data. Go to the Flight Records icon (The paper airplane in the top left) click on it. When the flight records page opens click on the Cloud icon in the upper right and change the choice to "All Records" and then SYNC.
thanks for this post.. I have not done this myself!

I reinstalled dji go and my log is also gone. IT sucks. What is the point of syncing it if it all is not synced to a cloud storage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers