Did I get shafted?

Reaction score
So I've had a Phantom 2 preordered for about 3 weeks. I messaged the place to see if there were any updates, because i needed mine by a certain point. He said they should get them in by the end of this week. An hour later I got an email saying my order was ready for pickup(the guy messaged me that night and said he had pulled some strings and got the order ready to go)

It turns out, I have the old h3-3d gimbal, the one where it hooks into the gopro through the back. Should I be worried/mad. What is the purpose of the USB connection? If it's for the GoPro 4, then I might be a little upset, because I'll probably pick one of those up.

Should i say anything? Or just roll with it. Mainly I don't want an inferior product just to get a couple days rush on it.

dynesh said:
It turns out, I have the old h3-3d gimbal, the one where it hooks into the gopro through the back. Should I be worried/mad. What is the purpose of the USB connection? If it's for the GoPro 4, then I might be a little upset, because I'll probably pick one of those up.

Should i say anything? Or just roll with it. Mainly I don't want an inferior product just to get a couple days rush on it.

How can you have an "old H3 3D" - they just came out.All Zenmuse gimbals connect GoPro from the back. To my knowledge GoPro 4 isn't out yet. You need to get clarification from your vendor, plus do a little homework on your own.

EMCSQUAR said:
How can you have an "old H3 3D" - they just came out.All Zenmuse gimbals connect GoPro from the back. To my knowledge GoPro 4 isn't out yet. You need to get clarification from your vendor, plus do a little homework on your own.

There are two version of the H3-3D. The old version connects to the GoPro the same was as the H3-2D via the expansion port. The new version uses a mini USB and no longer uses the expansion port.

As far as being shafted is concerned, I'd rather have the older H3-3D as I prefer the simplicity of the expansion port. Who knows what the Hero4 will look like so worrying that it might not fit is in the hands of the gods anyway.

EMCSQUAR said:

Here is the new one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOoU-RftvV8

I figure maybe DJI has an in with GoPro and knows how the GoPro 4 will hook up. And it's safe to bet that the new GoPro will be able to do 4k at 30 Fps at least, so it's great for futureproofing.

rilot said:
EMCSQUAR said:

There are two version of the H3-3D. The old version connects to the GoPro the same was as the H3-2D via the expansion port. The new version uses a mini USB and no longer uses the expansion port.

Thanks for the info - luckily I rec'd one of the earlier H3 3Ds.

my question would be, did you get shafted for the price?

Would the old one be cheaper? If so, did you get charged at the new ones price?

I think the reason they shifted to using the USB output instead of the rear expansion port is to accommodate the Lightbridge. Maybe it has to do with the expansion port and HDMI out (when using the Lightbridge) do not work well when both are trying to output video. Just a thought. Also I thought the v1.1 with the USB connection made it so you didn't have to use the anti-interference board, but after watching the new install video it looks like they are saying you still have to install it.

shartlza said:
I think the reason they shifted to using the USB output instead of the rear expansion port is to accommodate the Lightbridge. Maybe it has to do with the expansion port and HDMI out (when using the Lightbridge) do not work well when both are trying to output video. Just a thought. Also I thought the v1.1 with the USB connection made it so you didn't have to use the anti-interference board, but after watching the new install video it looks like they are saying you still have to install it.

I've seen that explanation, although I'm not yet convinced, since the LB obviously worked fine with the H3-2D. I'm setting up a LB with one of the older H3-3Ds, so I guess I'll find out soon if there is a reason why the new version would work better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31