Did I get an old model?

Ok so the GL300C controller has a frequency range of
2404.00000000 - 2470.00000000 and power output of 0.3030000 .

The W323B Phantom 3 Professional has a frequency range of
2406.50000000 - 2476.50000000 and a power output of 0.5200000

The GL300B controller has a frequency range of
2404.00000000 - 2480.00000000 and a power output of 0.0380000

The W323A Phantom 3 Professional has a frequency range of
2406.50000000 2476.50000000 and a power output of 0.6120000

So it looks like both the GL300C and W323C models have less power output for the control and video transmission signals. I wonder if that will really affect range though as the GL300A controller had more power output than the GL300B and I can't say if the range is really affected because I don't have a GL300A controller but I can get 2 miles urban and 3-4 miles in an open area.

Maybe the pro's can chime in but...... I'm pretty sure .038 for the "B" model is LESS than the .303 for the "C" model. Sounds to me like the "C" is better than the previous radios. Anyone wanna trade?

I hope the nex-gen phantom is very quiet. Here in the AZona we've been banned from all county Parks except two remote locations. Main complaints are noise and flying too low over people. While I'm sure they would find another excuse I'm positive a quieter phantom and UAV's in general would help its perception. I'm not saying silent mind you; just quieter.

You'll never win.

If they made it operate with less noise, they could (but won't) lift ban on flying in county parks.

Now that they produce less noise (assuming they actually did, but don't and won't) then people would complain they can't hear em so how would anyone know if one is peaking outside their bedroom window??

It's a never winning battle. I meet people ALLLLLLLLL the time that say they don't like em because people can spy on them. If flying i bring it down low and say "if you can't hear that, then you may have an issue with perverts. But for the most part stealth isn't in the game and you have nothing to worry about" then I lift back off into outer space :)

Maybe the pro's can chime in but...... I'm pretty sure .038 for the "B" model is LESS than the .303 for the "C" model. Sounds to me like the "C" is better than the previous radios. Anyone wanna trade?
WOW, at first I thought it was my typo, it looks like the "C" version is 8 times more powerful? Either that or it is a typo on the FCC website, or it is not a typo but just a different measurement (it doesn't state on the website what the power levels are a measured in) but I did find this document. So in short, maybe one is measured as Effective Radiated Power, and the other is measured as Equivalent Isotropically Radiated Power. I am not educated on the subject, maybe someone who is could chime in.

I have found this document about the "C" version And this one about the differences between the "A" version and the "B" version but there is nothing similar about the differences between the "B" and "C" versions.

Need help here. Thanks in advance.

I was a Phantom 2 owner. I decided to upgrade to P3A. Got my new bird yesterday. Bought directly from DJI.

P3A is W322B and controller is GL300C. I seem to have the new motors on the Phantom. I haven't flown yet. Is this a good combination?

The first thing I did after delivery yesterday was to check for firmware. I had V1.5.0030 on both the P3A and the controller and the latest firmware according to the DJI web site is V1.6.0040. So I went ahead and installed the new firmware after looking at their documentation on how to do that. The P3A update went just fine, but I cannot get the controller to update by using the SD card. I read up forums and found out that the G300B controller firmware can be updated with the DJI GO app. Is the proper way to update the firmware for the GL300C controller? and is the firmware update necessary for the controller going from V1.5.0030 to V1.6.0040.

Thanks for your insight. Looking forward to going out with my new bird.

Somebody misplaced a decimal point in the FCC ID filings for the A and B controllers. The "A" and "B" models are both .380 watts which is 27% more output power than the "C" model's .303 watts.
All the power outputs are expressed in tenths of a watt as 0.3xx to 0.7xx watts. Anything outside those ranges which is 10% of those numbers (like 0.03x watts) is clearly wrong.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik