Did I get an old model?

Can you confirm what the FCC ID is for both the Phantom and the Controller? It should be on a sticker on the side of the box most likely the sticker that has the CE1313 in large letters.
image.jpeg

what country did you buy it in?

UK online. E-Infinity is the store and it was £789 for the Professional version which was hundreds cheaper than anywhere else in the UK.

Also it's sent via special delivery with photos of the item before and after packaging for posting.

Ok so the GL300C controller has a frequency range of
2404.00000000 - 2470.00000000 and power output of 0.3030000 .

The W323B Phantom 3 Professional has a frequency range of
2406.50000000 - 2476.50000000 and a power output of 0.5200000

The GL300B controller has a frequency range of
2404.00000000 - 2480.00000000 and a power output of 0.0380000

The W323A Phantom 3 Professional has a frequency range of
2406.50000000 2476.50000000 and a power output of 0.6120000

So it looks like both the GL300C and W323C models have less power output for the control and video transmission signals. I wonder if that will really affect range though as the GL300A controller had more power output than the GL300B and I can't say if the range is really affected because I don't have a GL300A controller but I can get 2 miles urban and 3-4 miles in an open area.

what country did you buy it in?
Sinisalo,

I know you didn't asked me but I just received mine yesterday, Thursday. It is the P3A and was shipped out of Carson CA. I ordered direct from DJI. I have yet to power it up (still reading manuals) but can tell you that the outside of my box says W323B. I can confirm is has the new motors and the RC is model number GL300C. I can't say what ucode versions are on it as again, I haven't yet powered it on. I plan to upgrade all ucode to the latest version. I might not go to 1.6 until I can make absolute certain, without a doubt, I don't have any flight restrictions around me which I am certain I don't. Hope this helps.

I read that new motors are more quite, displace less heat and prolong flight time for 2mins in some cases. example: hovering :)

I hope my new unit comes with new engines.

Reactions: shorttimer
Sinisalo,

I know you didn't asked me but I just received mine yesterday, Thursday. It is the P3A and was shipped out of Carson CA. I ordered direct from DJI. I have yet to power it up (still reading manuals) but can tell you that the outside of my box says W323B. I can confirm is has the new motors and the RC is model number GL300C. I can't say what ucode versions are on it as again, I haven't yet powered it on. I plan to upgrade all ucode to the latest version. I might not go to 1.6 until I can make absolute certain, without a doubt, I don't have any flight restrictions around me which I am certain I don't. Hope this helps.
Cool, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your P3P as much as I enjoy mine!

I hope the nex-gen phantom is very quiet. Here in the AZona we've been banned from all county Parks except two remote locations. Main complaints are noise and flying too low over people. While I'm sure they would find another excuse I'm positive a quieter phantom and UAV's in general would help its perception. I'm not saying silent mind you; just quieter.

I read that new motors are more quite, displace less heat and prolong flight time for 2mins in some cases. example: hovering :)

I hope my new unit comes with new engines.

I can confirm the "A" model is quieter and motors dont get as hot.

I can't confirm extra flight time as yet as still running in new battery on it.

I hope the nex-gen phantom is very quiet. Here in the AZona we've been banned from all county Parks except two remote locations. Main complaints are noise and flying too low over people. While I'm sure they would find another excuse I'm positive a quieter phantom and UAV's in general would help its perception. I'm not saying silent mind you; just quieter.
They can ban you from flying while standing in those locations but they can't ban you from flying over them. The airspace is controlled by the FAA, as long as you follow the rules posted by the FAA you should be fine.

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

They can ban you from flying while standing in those locations but they can't ban you from flying over them. The airspace is controlled by the FAA, as long as you follow the rules posted by the FAA you should be fine.

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

I'm fully aware of the rules. I also like to go to the parks hang out with my daughter and fly. Not looking like some creeper on the outside flying over it. Lol.

I'm fully aware of the rules. I also like to go to the parks hang out with my daughter and fly. Not looking like some creeper on the outside flying over it. Lol.
Hahaha, I just read the article and didn't want you to feel bullied into something that wasn't true. In the article here, it makes it seem like you could go to jail for flying over the park when that is just not the case. As long as you don't "harass wildlife" or fly near people it is perfectly legal to fly over. As you said you don't want to be a creeper and I get that.

Reactions: PJ Orlando
Hahaha, I just read the article and didn't want you to feel bullied into something that wasn't true. In the article here, it makes it seem like you could go to jail for flying over the park when that is just not the case. As long as you don't "harass wildlife" or fly near people it is perfectly legal to fly over. As you said you don't want to be a creeper and I get that.

Lol...Honestly I've never been told hey don't do that, had one sheriff deputy come up and just asked what I was taking pictures of and didn't even mention the law. We also have dry river beds here that can be really fun to fly in and under bridges etc.

Reactions: Sinisalo

There is this update to that... Feds shooting down local drone bans

My friend and I both purchased Phantom 3s directly from DJI within the last 2 weeks; him the Professional, me the Advanced. I thought the only difference was supposed to be the cameras. But his motors are quite different than mine. His prop tightening tool is a spanner type that grips the circumference of the motor body. Mine is the same as the one I had with my Phantom 2 Vision - the one that hooks on to the frame of the motor where the windings are visible. My wrench does not fit his motors so they are clearly different. The model number of my P3A is W322. Did I get an old model?

Your LUCKY!
You have the old motors. The old motors are more powerful. Keep the motors you have. Yours is better than your buddies. It isn't faster or anything like that, there just more powerful. Call D.J.I. and ask them. They will tell you that the old motors are more powerful. That's what I have and there much better than the new one's. You got lucky getting those motors.

Reactions: low_budget
Your LUCKY!
You have the old motors. The old motors are more powerful. Keep the motors you have. Yours is better than your buddies. It isn't faster or anything like that, there just more powerful. Call D.J.I. and ask them. They will tell you that the old motors are more powerful. That's what I have and there much better than the new one's. You got lucky getting those motors.

If thats the case i feel lucky too when i bought mine in November. The only non cosmetic thing Ive heard is the newer ones are quiet-er.

No, it's just that there putting new motors in the phantom 3's now. There are many brand new drones sitting in their warehouse. Eventually they will only have one's with the new motors. They obviously still have some with the old motors sitting in the warehouse. I would be glad you got the old motors. They are much more powerful. I just bought another P3P last week, and I purposely looked for one with the old motors. I had to open 5 boxes before I found it, but that's the one I wanted. There is NO difference in the aircraft or accessories except the motors. Your much better off with the older motors. It's not that big of a deal, meaning if you had the new motors it's still okay, I just like the older motors better. You can call D.J.I. and they will explain it to you. It's just as I'm saying. Good luck and have fun. I've been flying for years, and have over 300 flights with my new phantom 3. If you ever have any questions or need any advise I would be more than happy to help if I can. My direct email is [email protected]
Take care
Craig

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20