Did I get a used or refurbished Phantom 2 Vision?

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm being paranoid, I do have a tendency to be, but I'm wonder if the Phantom 2 Vision I just bought is brand new or if it is used, refurbished, or maybe returned by the original buyer. I ordered it from Amazon, but it was from one of their third party sellers. The are a couple of reasons I am suspicious:

The DJI video of getting a Phantom 2 Vision ready to fly explains putting on the decals (stripes and the DJI on top). When I opened mine it had the decals on it. Do they come with the decals on now or did a previous owner put them on?

I've read a lot of various forum posts and reviews before ordering and I'd swear I read that the earlier remotes had the USB port inside and the more recent ones had a port on the back or bottom (can't remember which). Mine is inside. Does that mean mine is an older model controller, or are they still putting the USB inside?

While I'm at it with the questions, is it safe to update the firmware to the latest version right away? Looking at the "Latest Version Information" on the DJI site, some of them are less than a month old. The video I saw of how to update it looks like it will update everything as soon as I connect the Phantom to the Assistant software on my PC.

Thanks for your time.

I received mine very recently and it had the decals installed.
My controller usb is on the outside. Some have suggested it may be a newer version.
Update went OK here and unit flies great.
When you get a chance, send me some AZ heat.

Lee123 said:
The video I saw of how to update it looks like it will update everything as soon as I connect the Phantom to the Assistant software on my PC.

Thanks for your time.

Updating is not something you can't stop happening, but take your time and read all the prompts.
You'll be fine for several flights without connecting up but it's not something to avoid for long as there are many useful things to check in there.

I bought and received mine back in Feb of this year. No decals installed because they provide pink, blue, and red decals so you can customize the color combination on your P2V. I don't know if they've changed this but I would suspect refurb based on what you are saying. The controller came with a paper/cardboard covering and also the motors had little paper/cardboard circles on the shafts where the props screw on.

Maverick78 said:
I bought and received mine back in Feb of this year. No decals installed because they provide pink, blue, and red decals so you can customize the color combination on your P2V. I don't know if they've changed this but I would suspect refurb based on what you are saying. The controller came with a paper/cardboard covering and also the motors had little paper/cardboard circles on the shafts where the props screw on.

Mine had the cardboard around the controller and circles on the shafts. All the plastic bags were sealed and there was a cardboard strip around the egg carton inner box. The only thing suspicious were the decals. The blue and pink were included on paper, the red were installed. Happyflyer said his arrived with the decals on, also, but his controller has an external USB port where mine is inside.

I guess I'll quit worrying about this unless it doesn't work when I finally get it out to try it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj