Did I buy a P2 v1 or v2?

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question. Searched and couldn't find what I am looking for. All the info on here seems a little more advanced and technical than, "what version P2 did I get?" Hence my thread. Sorry for the annoying newb question...

I just bought a P2 yesterday on a whim. Found it at B&H for $729, then decided to do a little reading about P2s in general and found this forum. Now I'm reading about a v1 and v2 - how do I know which one I'm getting (it won't be delivered 'til Thursday)?

Edit: here is a link to the one I bought: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... _with.html

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to reading and learning more!

MacCool said:
I think that's the older version. B&H is clearly labeling the new version as "v 2.0".
Thanks for the reply, MacCool!

$729 vs $958 ($229 difference)...Is worth upgrading to the v2 you think? Will a newb like me really appreciate the difference?

I see the new v2 says, "Updated Transmitter with Gimbal Control." Does this mean I will have no control of the gimbal at all with the v1 that I got?

Edit: I see that I can add pitch control via a 3rd party add-on.

dptcalvin said:
MacCool said:
I think that's the older version. B&H is clearly labeling the new version as "v 2.0".

$729 vs $958 ($229 difference)...Is worth upgrading to the v2 you think? Will a newb like me really appreciate the difference?

I see the new v2 says, "Updated Transmitter with Gimbal Control." Does this mean I will have no control of the gimbal at all with the v1 that I got?

The version 2 has upgraded, more powerful motors, a descent lock on the left stick (I'd disable this), lipo battery on the transmitter with condition LEDs. Is it worth the $229? I don't know - depends on how dear the $229 is to you. They're nice tweaks, but I'm not sure they're cost-effective for a brand-new pilot. Personally, my view of future-proofing means buying the latest technology that's on the market and to me, the extra money for the v 2.0 is worth it.

The price difference at $859 vs $958 is a lot closer to being a good deal, IMHO. Assuming that "The Drone Source" (which is where that Amazon offer ships from) is a legit operation. They're not listed as an authorized DJI dealer. B&H OTOH is a rock-solid operation with about 35 years of excellent customer service.

I got my P2 v2.0 + Extra Battery and Bag for $899 (new). BH cant beat that.

MacCool said:
dptcalvin said:
MacCool said:

The version 2 has upgraded, more powerful motors, a descent lock on the left stick (I'd disable this), lipo battery on the transmitter with condition LEDs. Is it worth the $229? I don't know - depends on how dear the $229 is to you. They're nice tweaks, but I'm not sure they're cost-effective for a brand-new pilot. Personally, my view of future-proofing means buying the latest technology that's on the market and to me, the extra money for the v 2.0 is worth it.

The price difference at $859 vs $958 is a lot closer to being a good deal, IMHO. Assuming that "The Drone Source" (which is where that Amazon offer ships from) is a legit operation. They're not listed as an authorized DJI dealer. B&H OTOH is a rock-solid operation with about 35 years of excellent customer service.

Thanks, again!

I normally believe the same in regards to "future" proofing, but I think my $229 would be better spend elsewhere in this case...like a couple extra batteries, for example. As a newb, I think I'd value the increase flight time more than more powerful motors and new props, etc. Regarding the remote, I actually prefer it take AAs than a Lipo, so there's that.

Like you said, if it was $859 vs $958...it'd be a different story. I won't buy things from Amazon unless they're fulfilled by Amazon - at least not for expensive stuff like this. The v2 from Amazon is $899 (though I have to pay tax since I'm in CA) and it's $958 from BH.

I think I'll be happy with the v1 and a couple spare batteries. Thanks for everyone's input!

ThePhantom said:

Sure can't. If that deal comes around again, then I'll jump on the v2 train. But for now I am sticking with the v1.

ThePhantom said:

No. If you look hard enough you can find better prices than B&H, but I'll pay extra to buy from them if I have to just to avoid customer service and support hassles. Any extra money I've spent with them over the last 35 years has been money well-spent just to avoid customer service headaches that come with many of the those rock-bottom discounters. Good customer service costs money, and it's money that I'm willing to pay.

Okay, broke down and ordered the v2. Wish I wasn't so trigger happy with the v1 as now I have to pay return shipping back to BH, making the cost difference greater than it has to be.

MacCool said:
ThePhantom said:

No. If you look hard enough you can find better prices than B&H, but I'll pay extra to buy from them if I have to just to avoid customer service and support hassles. Any extra money I've spent with them over the last 35 years has been money well-spent just to avoid customer service headaches that come with many of the those rock-bottom discounters. Good customer service costs money, and it's money that I'm willing to pay.

BH's customer service is world class, no doubt about that.

I'll agree. I typically limit my online shopping, particularly for large purchases, to Amazon (items must be fulfilled by Amazon), Adorama, or B&H.

I guess I was lucky! I bought my P2 v2.0 & H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal from B&H for $829.99 the day they got them in stock last week. Now I see they're $$899.99!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417404839.271915.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417404839.271915.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 346

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers