Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware Did I break my phantom 3 pro?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by amdalole, May 11, 2016.

1. amdalole

Bought a used phantom a couple of days ago, it had only been used a couple of hours by the previous owner.

It's 8 months old and hasn't been updated since.

I tested it out and recorded some, and everything worked perfectly. My first issue was that I couldn't connect my phone to the remote with my DJI Go app(latest version).

I tried iphone 5, iphone 6, ipad and samsung galaxy, no response on either(except charging).

So i figured I need firmware update, so I updated the phantom to the latest firmware, and it went succesfull in the .txt file.

Then I tried updating the RC, but I did not get any response from the remote on any of these methods:

- USB flashdrive with latest .bin
    - SDcard with latest .bin
    - Connecting RC to gimbal input

I then went outside to test it, but now the drone is only flashing yellow quickly, even after the warmup. So now I can't fly at all, the rotors wont start, but I can still record and steer the camera. I've been googling and trying to find a solution for 10+ hours but I'm close to giving up.

Anyone knows a solution to my problems?

2. flpholt

it depends which firmware you where on cant just jump to latest if your bird was on a really old one have to load firmware I think to at least 1.5 then can go from there to recent one

3. amdalole

Ok, I tried downgrading but I only got to 1.07, because I cant find older firmware on the DJI site..

4. cheebs

If you just followed the procedure on the DJI Go app, it probably updated the Tx first and left the aircraft on the older firmware. Have you tried inserting a Micro SD card with the latest .bin in the drone itself? This worked for me after I had a similar experience.

5. bbfpv

6. amdalole

7. P3PRon

Try restoring one of your phones as a new phone, then download the DJI app only and try.