Did DJI Upgrade the smart battery data contacts? See pics!

Reaction score
Had 2 batteries sitting next to each other today and just happened to notice one has much larger contacts for the smart battery data connection than the other. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere before so figured I would post some pics. After hearing the stories of phantom's going into "invalid battery detected" mid flight, it makes sense to make the contact surface larger. I certainly know which battery I will trust flying with more between the two! Below are the pics for comparison.

Is this a known thing and I just haven't seen it mentioned? Both batteries are identical otherwise, both from p2v+'s, and have identical part numbers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 701
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 641
Re: Did DJI Upgrade the smart battery data contacts? See pi

I only have the two batteries as well and both have the larger square contacts. Had the bird close to a month.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 572

The 2 batts I got with my Plus 3 months ago, both have the smaller round pads. But a 3rd battery purchased 3 weeks ago has the larger square pads. I examined the first 2 batts more closely and noticed than the slight wear markings where the mating pins inside the Phantom that contact the batt pads are very near the center of the round pad. So all seems good? :?:

M.Tigelaar said:

Just checked mine, 2 batteries I got with my phantom vision + recently has the bigger connections and a battery I got a few months back has tiny connectors compared to the new version. I wish DJI would have sone sort of exchange program , I'd be willing to pay but not full retail on the new version.

Be careful with the fibre pens they can remove the surface layer very quickly and do more damage than good.

I don't no if the are older or newer ;)
With and without arrows,hmmmmm :|

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 441

good find. I will check my batteries on my new P2 later tonight.
Probably a smart move considering all the "fall from the sky" complaints. I would assume that the bigger the contacts, the less chance of losing power from any type of wear and tear

Size won't affect wear per se.
The [increased] size helps with pin-pad alignment tolerances from manufacturing and assembly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.