Did DJI update batteries?

Reaction score
I've been away for awhile due in part to our winter.

Did I read somewhere that DJI has introduced P2 batteries that automatically discharge themselves and.

If so:

- do they work well in properly discharging?
- how do you tell the difference between the old and new batteries?

Firmware Updates on October 31
Overview:
a) DJI Smart Battery Flight firmware updated to v2.6.0.0
b) DJI Phantom Assistant updated to v3.6.
Major New Features
a) Battery cell warning added to the VISION app that alerts users if battery issues are detected. Browse
battery cell warning history in the VISION app.
b) New auto - discharging feature to address to address the swelling problem of fully charged battery when
it is stored for an extended period. The auto - discharging function will start automatically if the battery
does not operate in 10 days.
c) Battery cell damages detection feature added.
d) New battery cell balancing feature to extend battery life.
Special Notes :
a) Update DJI Smart Flight Battery firmware to v2.6 through Phantom Assistant v3.6.
b) The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of V1.6.0.0

Old Style

New Style

They do start to auto discharge after 10 days down to 50 %

Attachments

• old style.jpg
    old style.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 706
  • new style.jpg
    new style.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 676
Not sure that v2.6 battery update is working. It was working when the v3.6 first came out and I updated all my batteries both new and old but that's been awhile. The new style info contacts on the batteries came out before the v2.6 upgrade. So all you can do is try an see if it works.

The battery discharge feature starts to work within 48 hours not 10 days. It also takes a few days once the discharge starts to reach 50% for storage.

jason said:
Not sure that v2.6 battery update is working. It was working when the v3.6 first came out and I updated all my batteries both new and old but that's been awhile. The new style info contacts on the batteries came out before the v2.6 upgrade. So all you can do is try an see if it works.

The battery discharge feature starts to work within 48 hours not 10 days. It also takes a few days once the discharge starts to reach 50% for storage.

Not on mine, I updated all three to that newer software last autumn but shortly afterwards they pulled it and don't think it has been available since.
They start to discharge after 10 days and it takes about 48 hours to do it.
My oldest battery is the round pin type and it works just the same on that one.

Maybe in your part of the moors it takes 10 days before your batteries start to discharge :eek: but not in the rest of the world. :lol:

I notice on my updated battery that after 10 days the battery was at 75% and it took almost a month to reach 50%!
If you likely not to use a battery again for a while could you partly charge a battrey to get close to 50% or would you need to fully charge the battery and just let do its thing? Pity that DJI could not have had a storage option on their charger!

I have 3 older V1.0 batteries (model number 733496).
1 have 1 newer V2.0 battery (model number PH2-5200mAh). This comes with a bright orange warning stating it wont work on older firmwares.
Both have the square pins.

Mako79 said:
1 have 1 newer V2.0 battery (model number PH2-5200mAh). This comes with a bright orange warning stating it wont work on older firmwares.

Have you fully charged the new battery and plugged it into unit and does everything lightup? Or have you even tried it because of the warning lable?

jason said:
Mako79 said:

Have you fully charged the new battery and plugged it into unit and does everything lightup? Or have you even tried it because of the warning lable?

Works fine. My firmware is 3+. I've had about 5 flights on it. I hope the V2 batteries address all the known issues.

Mako79 said:
jason said:
Mako79 said:

Works fine. My firmware is 3+. I've had about 5 flights on it. I hope the V2 batteries address all the known issues.

As I have said before all my batteries new and old were bought before v3.6 was available and I was able upgrade each batteries firmware. Due to the cold weather I haven't tried the older to see if they will still fly to the first warning or not. Before upgrading the two oldest batteries were autolanding 40 - 45% and after upgrading the first warnings were 25% which showed the firmware did work. So I'll just have to wait for warmer weather to test fly those two.

adanac said:
Unfortunately, the battery firmware upgrade itself no longer seems to be available.

That is my understanding

I used it when it was available and it worked for me. Why they pulled it who knows.

jason said:
Maybe in your part of the moors it takes 10 days before your batteries start to discharge :eek: but not in the rest of the world. :lol:
Obviously they naturally drop slightly, but after ten days the firmware on my batteries [you can't get now] starts to discharge them quite steadily.
After about 24 hours the fourth LED is flashing. After 2 or 3 days two are lit and third is flashing - then it stops discharging.
You can check the condition without starting and the countdown is not affected.
There is no discharging initiated after 48 hours of non-use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4