Did DJI finally get it right?

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I have read many a complaint on firmware screw ups. The most recent firmware from 2 days ago doesn't seem to be getting much mention. Has everyone upgraded and realised all is well now? Normally I read a hell of of a lot of complaints, but never much praise. So, did the newest firmware fix your problems?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine flys perfect with all the upgrades. It now flys longer and the range problem was fixed. Never saw the yo yo effect even before the upgrades.

With the latest firmware on the P4 and RC, and all batteries updated, I couldn't get further last night than 3000 feet before losing RC signal, and RTH kicking in....video reception was perfect all the time. I tried flying in different directions to rule out wi-fi interference from anywhere, but it didn't make any difference. Height was around 300 feet with a clear line of sight.

I've no idea how far it would fly before the updates, as I've never needed to take it further than around 1500 feet for the videos I was doing.

Still have altitude issues sometimes goes up or down on own. Altitude does not match proportion to the ground also after flying. Still tilted gimbal at times....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My anecdotal experience is when I updated to .410 my bird flew flawlessly no yoyo gimbal was OK now after going to .411 I have noticable yoyo gimbal is a little worse but still good and now it seems like my screen display has gone blurrier with the hotfix than before, but I could be going crazy.. o_O Quality off the SD card is still fine

Latest firmware and Go App are good. To contain issues and possible regression in future releases, why not introducing beta program so public testers can contribute? DJI HQ must have already consider this? Is it a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
My P4 yoyo's badly (up to 10metres) and makes getting a good shot almost impossible. Range appears to have been affected as well. Gimbal requires constant in-flight adjustments.
Really hoping the next FW upgrade addresses all three of these issues.

I get very to no yoyo flying around the yard in calm winds but if it is windy the yoyo is at least 10 feet. I think the high winds affect the barometer. Gimbal tilt is slightly worse. I still get a blurry copy of my pictures in my tablet, one good one blurry, my setting is single shot jpg only. The pictures in the bird have no blurry copy. As for the crack in the battery caused by the latch spring is not an issue in my 4 batteries (yet). Locktite 495 may work on that plastic.

After I updated the other day my microwave quit working and my cable box blew up

Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

Reactions: RadioMike
Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

Huh?, Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20