did anyone else think this was stupid

Reaction score
ok ill explain the instructions say to stop propellers from spinning right after landing to pull both sticks in to middle like when starting.. well I seen a few people crash trying to do that ..it doesn't make sense .. other transmitters you just pull throttle down for 2 secs to stop props from turning so I tried with the stock dji and it does it as well.. why would dji print instructions that actually cause crashes even if it is a low speed ..

Thats CSC for starting and for emergency stop. Do you not think its a good idea for a device with 4 spinning blades to have an immediate emergency stop?

Use left stick ONLY "down and centered" for 5 seconds, for shut down. Saves accidently pitching and flipping over.

RCRookie said:
Use left stick ONLY "down and centered" for 5 seconds, for shut down. Saves accidently pitching and flipping over.

yup but why didn't they explain this better in instructions.. or lack of instructions does anyone else think they forgot to add instructions to these kits.. very little and vague as hell.. if I were a newb to RC's ..I think the lack of decent instructions would have been an issue on start up..

They are a Chinese company...all about making profit, not necessarily a good, safe or reliable product.
Poor English skills and a lack of concern for the users who find their manuals "less than adequate". Take everything with a pinch of salt that DJI says....Inevitably they will leave out important information or not word it correctly.

That's why it pays to read everything you can find on the subject...in this forum and others. Never be an early adopter of the newest revisions.. I let others be the guinea pigs.

If you pull the throttle all the way down first and THEN move it to the side while at the same time moving the right stick to the/a bottom corner the tipping over will not occur. Just an immediate shutdown of the motors. It's the way I always do it.

If you pull the throttle all the way down and THEN wait a few seconds, tipping over will not occur. Just a shutdown of the motors. It's the way I always do it.

John Shaw said:
If you pull the throttle all the way down and THEN wait a few seconds, tipping over will not occur. Just a shutdown of the motors. It's the way I always do it.
+1
No need to move the stick in either direction...Just straight down/back...and wait 3-5 seconds.

If you are hand catching the Phantom, you can just tilt it to one side and the motors will shut off.

So, if you just pull the left stick down and hold it to shut off the motors, what keeps the motors from shutting while on a fast descent?

I routinely pull the left stick all the way down in flight to drop altitude fast, (but not, of course,when I'm anywhere near the ground because I know I'm descending into the prop wash -- and no, I have not upgraded to 3.0)

syotr said:
If you are hand catching the Phantom, you can just tilt it to one side and the motors will shut off.

Tilt the Phantom to one side? I've never heard that before. That works?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
syotr said:

-slinger
Yes.
Throttle must be less than 10% and tilt angle over 70 degrees. Does not work in manual mode.

gunslinger said:
syotr said:

-slinger

Slinger,

It takes advantage on the NAZA 35 degree incline limit and 70 degree failsafe.

The throttle still needs to be down, but once you tilt past the 70 degree threshold, the motors stop.

Be prepared for the NAZA to fight you when you exceed 35 and continue until you exceed 70; so don't tarry - also try to grip the landing gear near the frame.

I have been doing this since first reading up on the NAZA.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Thats CSC for starting and for emergency stop. Do you not think its a good idea for a device with 4 spinning blades to have an immediate emergency stop?

What if you do both sticks down and to the middle in mid air will it drop out of the sky ?

Jay said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

What if you do both sticks down and to the middle in mid air will it drop out of the sky ?

Every time... (if you're a couple of hundred feet up... only once... :D)

-slinger

Dalite said:
gunslinger said:
syotr said:

-slinger

Slinger,

It takes advantage on the NAZA 35 degree incline limit and 70 degree failsafe.

The throttle still needs to be down, but once you tilt past the 70 degree threshold, the motors stop.

Be prepared for the NAZA to fight you when you exceed 35 and continue until you exceed 70; so don't tarry - also try to grip the landing gear near the frame.

I have been doing this since first reading up on the NAZA.

Thanks, guys... good to know. You learn the damndest things on this forum... :D

-slinger

Just say if you were up about 1000' and did a CSC and let it fall a few seconds then pulled both sticks back and center would it fire back up and correct itself and no I'm not thing about trying that,just asking ? Well maybe ;)

Would be a good emergency maneuver for someone to high in the sky and running out of battery knowing he don't have enough for a slow soft landing. Do CnC cutoff, let it fall to 200" restart motor, and land safely, maybe, or not. I know i will not try this.

Some have done that stunt of shutting the motors down then letting it drop and restarting them before hitting the ground. But thats not a stunt im so sure I ever want to try.

But the thing with the phantom vision wanting to flip if you do the csc command after landing I found very weird after being used to my fC40 on the FC40 no matter how you do the csc stop of the motors if its already on the ground it dont do any thing but stop the motors pretty much instantly. it don't tilt to the side. it don't cause them to rev up in speed or any thing. Even if you are a lil bit sloppy on how you do it. So when the vision was flipping over and some times quite violently. So that really freaked me out and made me think some thing was seriously wrong with my P2V So now im trying to just get in the habbit of just the left stick down even when flying the fc40 just so I get used to doing it and using the same on both so I don't ever get mixed up from one to the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31