Did anyone else pre-order a Lily a year ago? Have you ever received it or a refund?

Reaction score
Hi,

About a year ago I pre-ordered a Lily for $500 which was promised in November of 2015. I mainly ordered it because it was waterproof and looked like a good solution for water sports activity. Since then, the company has delayed and postponed delivery of their selfie drone. Now my Phantom 3 Pro can do everything the Lily once promised, using the Autopilot program, except rise out of a lake after a crash.

Does anyone know if this drone will ever arrive or if there is any class action against them - or even if they are refunding customers for whom they have failed to deliver a product?

I'm happy with my Phantom using Autopilot and as soon as they come out with the waterproof "sport" model, Lily is really obsolete. Thoughts? Anyone got a refund yet?

I remember seeing the Lily drone about a year ago. I was hooked on the waterproof idea, which is what the phantoms are lacking. Looking back, though, I am glad I didn't purchase it - it will probably already be falling behind competitors as soon as it ships. This could also be the reason for the delays; maybe they are trying to make it a more profitable drone once shipped.

I did a little browsing on the Lily. They do have an update page on their site, so at least they aren't totally shutting off their supporters: Product Updates - Lily Camera. My guess is that there are some technical difficulties in their production. I do think it is unprofessional to promise a specific ship date and not follow through, but I am sure they will hold up their end. As far as I've seen from their Facebook feed, there are a lot of angry supporters expecting a product. Have fun with your DJI for now!!

The road to the next best drone is littered with pre-ordered drone concepts that never managed to ship to buyers.
Zano, Plexidrone, Cyphy and others look like lost causes that have sunk before even launching.
Other promised drones are running well over time but might make it to market: GoPro Karma, Prodrone.
Then there was Onagofly that did get delivered but was a complete waste of money.
It's too early to tell if Lily will pull it off or sink but there are enough signs to raise concern.
There are enough good drones out there now that if you can't see one in the shop, there's no need to put down your hard-earned on a possible future drone.
With over optimistic marketing and long delays to get new drone projects off the ground, they may well be obsolete before they finally launch.

Reactions: TonkaMayhem
Even if the Lily comes out now it will be a _year_ behind in technology. When it comes to drones this is forever. Plus, I thought the Lily was lacking in many areas to start with. So now, a year later, it's like rolling out s Model T.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj