Diagonal distance value error

Reaction score
I have been observing for some flights that I have an error in the parameter that marks the distance in diagonal, the same that warns us when we are less than 10 meters from the height above the ground, this last parameter indicates perfectly, but that of the distance Diagonal gives exaggerated values, for example, at 50 meters diagonally I can dial 2000 meters or do not dial anything, now as far as below 10 puts it exactly. Obviously I have done a calibration and I have uninstalled the DJI application of the tablet and deleted all its folders and then reinstalled but nothing, I have also tested with the mobile and the same thing happens. The P4 is perfect and does not give any error, all other values are correct, GPS, RTH, height, speed, distance in a straight line, speed ascent or descent, etc. I also think that said value must be a calculation of other values, Distance in a straight line on the height, or something, but maybe I'm wrong and either a sensor is wrong or a firmware failure, everything is correct in the calibration. The most curious thing is that since it started to fail there have been a couple of flights that worked perfectly, but then it has failed again.
Does it happen to anyone else?
Sorry for my English.

114121ftkll0wiwxr9ldia.jpg

Or this one where it marks 275M

Last edited:
In this screen shot, D = horizontal distance (from launch point)
The number on the right shows the horizontal distance from where the controller is.
There may be a small error due to normal GPS accuracy of about +/- 2.5 metres
If you are still standing close to the home point, this does not show.
Here I am 6 metres away from home.
i-pzZmHfz-L.png

These screenshots from a P3 demonstrate how this works
i-T4SLX32-M.png

i-NFHRTPc-M.png

When your Phantom is lower than 10 metres above the ground you will see a VPS height
i-vdJXK8d-L.png

are you comparing 278.8 to 275 ? D278.8 is distance between aircraft and homepoint , 275 is distance between aircraft and remote control (you )

This is what happens to me, does not put anything on me:
35k4qv7.jpg

Or puts an exaggerated value:
mbh5d5.jpg

If your tablet doesn't have GPS, that would explain it.
From what I understand, Wi-Fi only iOS devices do not have GPS. Seems silly to me but whatever Apple.
But then I found it silly my Samsung Tab E 9.7 has GPS but not a compass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.