Diagnosis Needed - See videos

Reaction score
BruceTS said:
Did you balance the props? I have yet come across a set of props that didn't need to have it done.
My out of the box P2 props didn't need balanced. If you think it is the props try the spare set that comes with it. Are you using a gimbel? It takes good steady video.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Think you posted the wrong video there mate!

As stated in my first post, I'm flying the P2Z (z for Zenmuse).

I have no way of balancing props as they are the auto-"sealing" type. Does the video look to you like it's a prop problem?

IrishSights said:
BruceTS said:
Did you balance the props? I have yet come across a set of props that didn't need to have it done.
My out of the box P2 props didn't need balanced. If you think it is the props try the spare set that comes with it. Are you using a gimbel? It takes good steady video.

When I click on your posted link it's a non aerial timelapse video. So its not taken using a phantom P2 unless its not flying of course! Shakiness IMHO is a function of the timelapse techinque. But then what do I know being fairly new to this.

I thought all P2's came with self tightening props? And therefore can be undone using the supplied spanner.

This is weird. when I look at the videos in the first post via tapatalk it shows a different video than when I look it it via the web! I apologise on behalf of the technology!

We are getting off-topic, I'm afraid.

I can remove the props but because they are self-tightening, they cannot be balanced. I'm happy to discuss the props if that is the cause of the problems.

IrishSights said:
I thought all P2's came with self tightening props? And therefore can be undone using the supplied spanner.

I don't have the experience to diagnose your video. All I was suggesting was it would be a quick test option to swap out the props for the 2nd set that comes with your P2 and see if it makes a difference.

They can be balanced BTW. see this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9085

You also might get more of a response if you posted in the Video forum

I have a little yaw wandering like that, particularly over 20 or 30 feet where the winds are a little more turbulent. It's just the Phantom trying to keep its compass heading with the wind twisting it back and forth. That's not horrible: you can get rid of all of that using post processing.

Also, you can balance self tightening props. I have a 1.1.1 with self tightening props and I balanced those. Just look up methods for balancing self tightening props on YouTube. I use the method where you put a small spacer on the end of the balancing rod. But... that doesn't look like a prop balance problem to me.

Mike

I downloaded and stabilized the cemetery video and it looks pretty smooth. If you want to see it I can upload it to my YouTube account but I didn't want to do that without your permission. I just did it as a curiosity.

Mike

Absolutely, I would love to.

It was a little breezy today but I've seen other non-stabilized videos from people on their first flight and it looks a LOT better than this. I really thing something's wrong.

mikeydaddio said:
I downloaded and stabilized the cemetery video and it looks pretty smooth. If you want to see it I can upload it to my YouTube account but I didn't want to do that without your permission. I just did it as a curiosity.

Mike

Irishsights - many thanks for the leads on the rods. I just ordered one from a place here in the states. Before now, I had only seen one offered in the UK. It also meant getting a 2nd balancer as the one I have now is not right for these props. I could have swapped out props like you suggested but I didn't want an un-scientific approach.

I'm not convinced it's problem with the props. Rather frustrating that I may have gotten a bad one in some way.

IrishSights said:
I don't have the experience to diagnose your video. All I was suggesting was it would be a quick test option to swap out the props for the 2nd set that comes with your P2 and see if it makes a difference.

They can be balanced BTW. see this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9085

adanac said:

It was a little breezy today but I've seen other non-stabilized videos from people on their first flight and it looks a LOT better than this. I really thing something's wrong.

OK, here's the stabilized video. I went light on the stabilization rather than trying to completely smooth it out because the more you try to stabilize, the more it crops the video:

http://youtu.be/W4eOfeQLwYo

I also added some music because I've found that prop noise only adds to the perception of instability.

Mike

adanac said:

I can remove the props but because they are self-tightening, they cannot be balanced. I'm happy to discuss the props if that is the cause of the problems.

IrishSights said:

They can be balanced, a quick google search or youtube search will show you how :)

Cool, thank you.

What is the cause of all the shake and vibration in my videos?

davemcm said:
adanac said:

IrishSights said:

They can be balanced, a quick google search or youtube search will show you how :)

It looks like it's private.

mikeydaddio said:
adanac said:

OK, here's the stabilized video. I went light on the stabilization rather than trying to completely smooth it out because the more you try to stabilize, the more it crops the video:

http://youtu.be/W4eOfeQLwYo

I also added some music because I've found that prop noise only adds to the perception of instability.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4