Di- Electric grease, good idea ???

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the use of De- Electric grease on the Phantom 3 Pro battery to prevent corrosion, to insulate, lubricate and seal connection between the unit and the battery, thanks.

I use DeoxIT Gold on everything electrical, all my RC's, DSLR, you name it. A small tube goes a long way. ;)

media.nl

As a photog I use DeoxIt pens and tube on my gear, but only when it needs it. I would think if properly cared for you shouldn't need anything like detox for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Use the pencil eraser to clean the contacts. DeoxIT Gold could be a good solution.

Never use water-based cleaning products on gold contacts. This will lead to corrosion. Don't use isopropyl alcohol. It leaves a thin film that inhibits conduction.

Use the pencil eraser to clean the contacts.
This is a popular suggestion when this topic comes up. But, I'm wondering how people manage to get a pencil eraser to touch all areas of the battery contacts. It seems impossible.

Isn't this a case of 'a clean car runs better' ?
I have had phantoms for many years, and I did not notice any of the contacts requiring to be cleaned.
Now granted, had I seen a film or a deposit, I would clean them, but just cleaning for the sake of cleaning?

As a photog I use DeoxIt pens and tube on my gear, but only when it needs it. I would think if properly cared for you shouldn't need anything like detox for a long time.

I have had phantoms for many years, and I did not notice any of the contacts requiring to be cleaned.
Now granted, had I seen a film or a deposit, I would clean them, but just cleaning for the sake of cleaning?
I never use a pencil erasure as it is wearing it down like sand paper.

Dioxin Gold is a conditioner. It is perfect for this application...

Product Description:

Unique contact cleaner, conditioner, enhancer, lubricant and
protectant for PLATED metal surfaces. Improves conductivity,
maintains optimum signal quality, reduces fretting & dendrite corrosion,
and stabilizes connections between similar and dissimilar metals. Molecularly
bonds to both base-metals and plated surfaces and seals out oxygen, protecting
both surfaces. The DeoxIT® Gold coating is excellent at reducing wear abrasion,
arcing, RFI and intermittent connections and improves connector performance/reliability.
Ideal for gold plated surfaces. On oxidized surfaces, pre-treat with DeoxIT® D-Series contact cleaner.

Good to know! I had only used other Deox products to clean already worn contacts.

P2's had a problem where the contacts would lose connection in flight causing issues. They even redesigned the connector pads to alleviate the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic