Devon meets

Reaction score
Anyone in Devon flying drones? And want to meet up? I have a facebook group for sharing pics and chit chat "Drone Dayz UK" come check it out and hopefully meet new flyers in the area!

Essex here so a bit far for a meet but I have joined to Facebook group

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Anyone in Devon flying drones? And want to meet up? I have a facebook group for sharing pics and chit chat "Drone Dayz UK" come check it out and hopefully meet new flyers in the area!

Hi,
I've been flying model aircraft for many years at various clubs in south Devon at: Newton Abbot and Exeter horse race tracks, a field neat Marldon Paignton, (all types of aircraft) a farm on cliffs near Brixam and Haytor on Dartmoor (Glides only, no props allowed) and for indoor flying at Kingsteignton Indoor bowling club (now closed and is a Fitness Centre. Thought I haven’t been flying RC aircraft for a few years I have recently bought two drones. A small Hubsan H107D X4 for learning indoors with and a Syma X8HG with 8Mp camera (also takes a GoPro which I have). I bought the Syma to help with my other hobby, metal detecting as it can be used to get aerial views of the detecting location to see if there are any interesting crop marks. So far only flown the Hubsan indoors and the Syma in my garden, so looking for suitable outdoor space to learn to fly the Syma when weather improves. In the past I have started and run several clubs and am contemplating starting a Drone Club here in south Devon. Just need to find a suitable location. Who’s interested ? Contact me via [email protected] if you are. If there’s enough South Devon potential members I will arrange a meet where we can have a drink and discuss the idea (by the way, most aircraft model flying clubs don’t allow drones.
Best wishes for 2018.
Tony Volante.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic