Developing a mobile app for aerial photo sharing

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Cory and I have been a phantom pilot now for around 8 months out of FL. I got this idea back in January after reading posts and hearing about all of the cool videos and photos being shared here as well as on TV and news articles. I live on the coast and was able to get some really good footage of beaches, boats and wildlife.

I found an ios developer who has almost completed my build. I am looking for some feedback and possible a list of anyone who would be interested in participating in my Pilot app when I launch here I. A couple weeks.

I developed an app for strictly UAV photo and short video sharing. We "Drone Pilots" are located worldwide and the photos I am seeing are amazing. Why not get recognized for out beauty and have one place to go to view everyone's photos.

I just wrapped up the latest build adding comments, like and social media sharing that points back to the app.

I was just looking for some feedback on my idea. I have been keeping it quiet until now because I didn't want the idea stolen but now I am almost ready to launch.

I hope I can get a lot of UAV owners to come join me and post our work to show the how beautiful the world is from a Birds-iView.

cory.

hi, although im an architect im also a developer (ios/android) and very interested in ui/ux. i would love to beta test your app!
count me in.

Thanks,

As of right now I have ability to upload photos and 15 second video. The app will let you choose any 15 seconds if the video is too long. I will keep your name for when I am ready to launch in App Store.

Count me in for the beta. I'll be glad to provide feedback and test as needed. I use iPhone 4S and 5 (work and personal).

Thanks everyone. Do you all have phantoms / aerial photos?
Question,

After flying do you use iphone or ipad more with sharing photos? I personally like the ipad myself if I am not using GIMP for photo editing.

Do any of you use any specific ipad/ phone apps for your video editing?

Just curious as I want to make sure I have both ipad and iphone apps at launch.

i have:
ipod 5th generation (ios 6)
ipod 6th generation (ios 8)
ipad retina display (ios 7)
ipad mini (ios 6)
iphone 5s (ios 8)
iphone 5c (ios 7)
iphone 4s (ios 7)

said im a developer?
hahaha

Birds-iView said:
Thanks everyone. Do you all have phantoms / aerial photos?
Question,

After flying do you use iphone or ipad more with sharing photos? I personally like the ipad myself if I am not using GIMP for photo editing.

Do any of you use any specific ipad/ phone apps for your video editing?

Just curious as I want to make sure I have both ipad and iphone apps at launch.

You might find this link interesting.. http://www.visual-aerials.com/romeos-blog.html 'Processing Images in the Field'. I plan to follow some of his advice... Also check out this french software for stitching photos.. http://www.kolor.com/360-video/autopano ... tcher.html.

Also check out www.travelbydrone.com and http://www.oninstagram.com/instadrone

#DJIPHANTOM on instagram.

What would make people want to post on your app as opposed to instagram and facebook?

I love scrolling through cool aerial photos from all over the world so I think it would be interesting for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj