Determining number of satellites and battery level

Reaction score
I've seen a number of people be able to determine how many satellites they're picking up for GPS as well as the exact battery level percentage. How do you do that? I'm assuming there's an app for it or is it only available if you have a FPV system? To determine the battery level, I just look at the back of the battery to see how many lights there are, but I'd like to see the exact percentage.

Thanks!

The stats are supplied by the iOSD mini, and the data is overlayed on the FPV video feed.

ozman05 said:
I've seen a number of people be able to determine how many satellites they're picking up for GPS as well as the exact battery level percentage. How do you do that? I'm assuming there's an app for it or is it only available if you have a FPV system? To determine the battery level, I just look at the back of the battery to see how many lights there are, but I'd like to see the exact percentage.

Thanks!

Assuming you have a Phantom 2 Non Vision there is no app. To be able to see all the parameters you need to have a FPV which consist of the following. Equipment needed mini iOSD (telemetry), TX, plug n play cables, antennas and FPV diversity monitor w/RX that's another investment of 300 - 400 dollars on top of the P2 w/gimbal and GoPro camera. So a total investment of $1659 - $1759 will get you everything you'll need.

ozman05 said:

Thanks!

With a 'stock' P2-nv you can only determine the following satellite counts/numbers <5, =5, =6, >6 by using the LEDs in the rear arms (motors 3 & 4).

You can see this here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... escription

Battery level is limited to the Battery LEDs unless connected to the Assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31