determining altitude

Reaction score
Hello All, My name is Mark and am a complete newbie, I have a dji phantom 2 non vision and would like to be able to determine what altitude the phantom is in real time. I believe I need to install a mini ios (sp) and a transmitter on the phantom to read and send data but do I need a monitor or is a android phone and some app a possibility? or do I have this all wrong?
Thanks for any help and remember I am not very savy on electronics.

Mark Hansen

Welcome to the forum :D
No you can not use a phone with your phantom only the vision series can .
Yes you need a iosd and transmitter , monitor & receiver . Are you using a GoPro ?

No, actually I have no camera at all. would something like this FlySight 32 Ch Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801) $229.00 and DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black) $69.00
and Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter $84.50 do it all? and could I add a camera later if desired? Thanks Mark,

Everything you listed is what I use on my P2 . Let me say some people say they have problems with the Immersion & Black Pearl (32ch) I do not. I have been up 115meters & out 830meters with no problem . They say the 7ch Black Pearl is better with the Immersion (only what I read) .
I have not tried without a cam like you want to but I would think you should be ok . I be leave you could get a hub and make everything plug & play you could also get a cheap fixed cam until you get a gimbal & GoPro .
Their are a couple of cheaper choices for a monitor & reciver you'll have to do a little searching for the brands I am not in a position at the moment to look them up .
One thing to keep in mind reception has everything to do with good antennas .
You could also look into a FatShark kit it comes with everything but a iosd . I use the FatShark on my P1
I soldered all my connections so I can not say how well the hub works for plug & play I try to use as less parts as posable for weight the biggest enemy for flight times per battery .

Thanks 750 r I appreciate your taking the time to help. think I will go ahead and order what I need.

Mark,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20