Detailed instructions for GS anywhere?

Reaction score
I have had two GS flights, and both times, the phantom took off in an unexpected direction. How does one know which direction it will go?

I couldn't get a "map" of where I was - only a GRID was displayed. Is there a way to get a map per se? At my home I get a map of my neighborhood, but where I went to fly (still lots of streets around) there were no streets on the GS display - just a grid ... ?

Is there a user manual for GS on the iPad? Or detailed instructions on how to use all the capabilities therein?

Thanks, BUT
I'm looking for instructions for operating the iPAD GS app. This looks like a different app - maybe DJI's GS?

Does anyone have instructions on the iPad GS application? Specifically, regarding loading maps, and how to state which direction the phantom should go when starting.

Thanks

Hang on, your on a DJI dedicated forum, im not sure there are any other versions of GS for a phantom, i may be wrong.

Did you take a look at the links i gave ?

Yes, thanks. When I first looked at Ground Station, I saw that I "needed" and iPad, and downloaded an app called "GS" which works with my Phantom.

From what I understand DJI Ground Station on an Ipad is a little more advanced and has some more features that are not available on phones. Caching the maps should be the same though. When you have an internet connection and are connected to wifi just open ground station and move the map around until you find the area you plan to fly in. Thats it. The map will now be saved and when you go to your location you will be able to get sattelite view.

Just to clarify again, there are two GroundStations:
1) GS (full): requires special GroundStation (Data Link) hardware, works on PC or iPad GroundStation app.
2) GS (lite): built in to Phantom Vision app. Requires Phantom Vision/Vision Plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers